- Title: TI Open Water Experience: Rosendale, NY
- When: 08.10.2018 - 08.12.2018
- Where: Williams Lake - Rosendale
- Category: Open Water Camp
- Click Here To Register
TI Open Water Experience
Rosendale, NY: August 10-12, 2018
LOCATION: This camp will be held at two venues: The Moriello Pool (may be subject to change) 32 Mulberry St., New Paltz, NY 12561 and at Williams Lake, 408 Williams Lake Road, Kingston, NY 12401. Williams lake is a small, quiet and secluded lake, with no motorized boat traffic. It's a great venue for those who are new to lake swimming. Expect smooth and calm conditions, with little chop. Easy entry and exit.
TUITION: $950.00 for a three day course.
Coaching In The Pool:
• Personal Video Stroke Analysis and Improvement.
• “Easy Speed” Stroke Tuning: Shane and the coaches will guide you through exercises designed to help you find your own best blend of
Stroke Length (strokes per length in the pool) and Stroke Rate to swim 10 percent faster with (at least) 20 percent less effort.
Coaching In Open Water:
We’ll move to Williams Lake for two activities that will closely complement what you learn in the pool:
• Swim with Purpose: Transfer lessons and insights from our pool sessions into open water practice. Learn how to practice in the pool
in ways that prepare you to experience pleasure and purpose in every open water swim.
• Swim with Friends: Swim your best, and feel enjoyment--not distraction or anxiety--when swimming in close proximity to others. We’ll guide
you through exercises that teach you to create the Cocoon of Calm in any open water situation.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS WORKSHOP?
• Swimmers who want to improve efficiency, speed, and enjoyment of swimming in open water.
• Swimmers who want to learn open water skills like sighting, navigation, and swimming in a pack.
• Pool swimmers who want to be introduced to open water.
• All participants must be comfortable swimming in deep water and have swum 300 yards of freestyle without stopping.
• All participants must have some prior knowledge of Total Immersion before camp, either from hands on instruction or from self coaching tools
like Ultra-Efficient Freestyle Toolkit
SCHEDULE: Subject to adjustments *Please note swim sessions may be adjusted or canceled due to inclement weather.
Friday, August 10th
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm: Meet at The Pool for introduction and swim instruction.
Saturday, August 11th
9:00 am - 11:00 am: Meet at The Pool for morning lesson, then continue on to Williams Lake for open water swim and instruction until approximately 5:00 pm. Bring everything you’ll need for an open water swim plus snacks, lunch, and water. Be sure to bring sunblock and a cover up or something to keep warm in between swims.
Sunday, August 12th
10:00 am - 3:30 pm: We’ll meet at Williams Lake for two swim sessions. Bring everything you’ll need for an open water swim plus snacks, lunch, and water. Be sure to bring sunblock and something to keep warm in between swims.
ABOUT ROSENDALE, NY
Take a swim vacation in the fun and hip town of Rosendale, NY. Rosendale is a rural mountain town just 90 miles from NY City. The small downtown has many great places to eat and lots of funky shops you can't find anywhere else. Accessible from downtown is the famous Trestle, an old train trestle 940 feet above the town, now part of the Wallkill Valley Rail Trail system. The area is rich with outdoor recreation activities, state parks, nature preserves, and small town charm. Visit the Rosendale Chamber of Commerce website for information on things to do, festivals and events, and a dining directory. Also CLICK HERE for dining suggestions in New Paltz, NY.
There are lots of hotels and B&Bs in and around New Paltz. Here is a short list of places we recommend. For a complete list, visit the New Paltz Chamber of Commerce.
$ New Paltz Hostel
845-255-6676. 145 Main St., New Paltz, NY.
$$ Edkins/Laughlin B and B
845-594-3130. New Paltz, NY
$$ Inn at Orchard Heights
845-255-6792. 20 Church St.,New Paltz, NY.
$$ America's Best Value Inn
845-255-8865. 7 Terwilliger LN., New Paltz, NY.
$$$ Hampton Inn New Paltz
845-255-4200 4 S. Putt Corners Rd., New Paltz
$$$ Minnewaska Lodge
(845) 255-1110. 3116 Route 44/55, Gardiner, NY
CANCELLATION POLICY: Please review before registration.
Workshop tuition includes a $300 non-refundable deposit. No refund will be issued for cancellations made less than 2 weeks prior to the start of the scheduled workshop. Tuition can be transferred to another Open Water Camp for a $100 transfer fee. Transfer requests must be made no later than 2 weeks prior to the event. No refund or transfer is available for any reason for cancellations made with less than 2 weeks notice
Call our office at 800-609-7946 x12 or email firstname.lastname@example.org