- Title: Effortless Endurance & Smart Speed Freestyle Workshop: Coral Springs, FL
- When: 01.13.2018 - 01.14.2018
- Where: Coral Springs Aquatic Center - Coral Springs
- Category: Level 1 and 2: Freestyle Workshop
- Click Here To Register
Effortless Endurance & Smart Speed Freestyle Workshop
Coral Springs, FL: January 13-14, 2018
LOCATION: Coral Springs Aquatic Complex located at 12441 Royal Palm Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33065
TUITION: $595.00/person, $545.00/person if 2-3 register & pay together.
DESCRIPTION: This clinic is appropriate for any ability level with a reasonable comfort in the water. This two-day course takes you through the following:
For the TI foundation- drills and skills to correct all of the stroke faults and habits that keep athletes from swimming smoothly without effort. We’ll get and in-depth progression towards a stroke the offers continuing possibilities for improvement, and move through skill work to finish the day finding efficient, effortless stroke segments.
With the foundation established on day 1, we’ll continue fine-tuning skill sets in breathing, two beat kick, propulsion, recovery, and more. We’ll film from multiple angles above and underwater in both pool sessions, so there will be extensive video analysis and post-workshop focus lists for each swimmer.
Participants can expect to learn these key skills:
1. Cooperate with Gravity - Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn’t it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance - Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your Body - Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe Easy - We’ll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
WHAT TO BRING:
For the classroom: Pad and pen for taking notes. Something warm to wear after the swim. Water bottle, lunch, snacks.
For the pool: An extra suit & towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim, an extra pair of goggles – mirrored goggles are best, but tinted would be good, too. Waterproof sun block, rash guard or sun shirt (if you burn easily or want some extra thermal protection), SPF lip protection. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge. Water bottle.
For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, a 50% refund can be provided or a transfer to a later workshop ($100 transfer fee will apply).
No refund will be issued for cancellations less 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop. Transfers are available if a doctor’s note is provided.
- Venue: Coral Springs Aquatic Center
- City: Coral Springs
- State: FL