- Title: Effortless Endurance Freestyle: Sydney, Australia
- When: 03.26.2017 - 03.26.2017
- Where: NCIE Redfern - Sydney
- Category: Level 1: Freestyle Workshop
Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop
Sydney, Australia: 26 March 2017
Dates: March 26, 2017 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Location: Waverly College, Bondi, Sydney, Australia
Description: This workshop introduces the fundamental skills and three foundations of Total Immersion swimming - balance, streamlining, stability. You will learn how to swim effortlessly and efficiently in a fun and friendly environment. The workshop includes video analysis and play back, 4 hours of pool as well as some classroom time to ask questions and learn about the principles of swimming. The workshop is suitable for people
of a wide range of abilities including; - Longtime swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
Who should take this workshop?
- New swimmers who want to develop great habits.
- Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice.
- Triathletes looking to improve their stroke and use less energy and improve their swim times using less effort.
- Open Water swimmers looking to improve their stroke and make it more efficient.
What will you learn?
During the workshop you'll learn the three foundation skills of effortless distance swimming:
- Balance and Stability: Become 'weightless' by learning to cooperate with gravity instead of fighting it. Learning balance transforms struggle into smoothness and calms churning legs. It also brings the body control and mental calm necessary to learn every skill that follows.
- Sleek and Slippery: Learn to move through water, rather than move it around, by shaping your body to be longer, better aligned, more hydrodynamic; and Stroking in ways that minimize waves and turbulence. Slippery swimming means that you travel farther and easier on each stroke.
- Whole Body Propulsion: Replace churning with effortless power by connecting arm and leg actions to rhythmic, relaxed weight shifts initiated in the core. Instead of generating muscular force you’ll direct 'available' forces of body mass and gravity.
This workshop is recommended for those who can swim 50 meters or more of crawl stroke or who have studied TI skills previously via DVD. The workshop includes expert instruction, individualized feedback and video analysis.
What will you take away?
- The tools to work on a transformed stroke that will let you swim from a mile to a marathon . . . and feel energized afterward.
- The knowledge and awareness to begin a path of continuous improvement (we call it Kaizen) that can continue for decades.
- You'll enjoy swimming as never before. And the more you enjoy, the more you’ll practice and the more you'll improve.
- Venue: NCIE Redfern
- City: Sydney