Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Olympics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012

ktoles
Default Rogers Sportsnet - Open Water Swimming Men, Friday August 10, 2012 (Canada)

Hi All

Canada won a bronze medal this morning in Open Water Swimming and I had absolutely no idea this was going to happen. I had no idea this guy was a contender...

Did any Canadian member happen to record the race in it's entirety on Rogers Sportsnet this morning? if you all did? Please let me know ASAP! Thank You!

My email is krempfer@hotmail.com, It's extremely improtant to me that I get a copy of this race on DVD-R. I will gladly pay all and any costs associated with making an extra copy

Thank You!

Kyle.
Old 08-10-2012

CharlesCouturier

That guy had won the famous Lac St-Jean though a few weeks back though, thus beating Petar. So not your usually dark horse.
Old 08-10-2012

ktoles

Oh I know he's had some success in the past - did you happen to record it at all?

I've got every Canadian medal performance going back to 2002 so it's extremely important to me that I find the physical coverage so I can keep it for myself.

Thank You
Old 08-10-2012

Mike from NS

Are you looking for the swim by Richard Weinberger in the Serpentine ?

Try searching here ... http://www.ctvolympics.ca/videos/index.html

This should be available here ... CTV is playing it there now, at least.
Old 08-10-2012

ktoles

That is what I'm looking for and I know it's online but I'm actually looking for is someone who recorded it, I need a copy of the physical coverage myself. I can't actually download the video on CTV website, I'm looking for someone who actually recorded it, I need a physical copy of the coverage.
Old 08-10-2012

Mike from NS

Yes ... that's what I had thought .... but isn't there a way to record or save downloaded video like this? Some knowledgeable computer techie here should be able to help you out. Sorry -- I'm not a techie....

Imagine missing first place "gold" by about 5.5 sec after a 10 k swim ! Must be maddening !

Best of luck in acquiring the video!
Old 08-11-2012

ktoles

Alas, I've tried many different programs, but I just don't think there is
Old 08-11-2012

borate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from NS View Post
Are you looking for the swim by Richard Weinberger in the Serpentine ?

Try searching here ... http://www.ctvolympics.ca/videos/index.html

This should be available here ... CTV is playing it there now, at least.
This link points to a video that may not be available in the US: "video error" is shown when tested in two browsers and with two Net circuits. All other page elements load.
There is this link of the race finish. Is that what you are seeking?

If possible, post another link where the video can be seen.

Last edited by borate : 08-11-2012 at 02:59 AM.
Old 08-11-2012

ktoles

Ugh CTV Primetime's Coverage was just pathetic! They showed about maybe 3 minutes of a two hour race!

I have tried to capture the video from the website using various differnet media capturing tools and there is just no way to do it.

I'm looking for the FULL Men's Olympic 10KM Open Water Swim of the Serpentine in London. Ousama Melouli of Tunisia won the gold medal. I'm looking for the race in it's entirety. I can not find it anywhere. I need a copy to be able to put on to DVD, either the Olympic Broadcast Feed or the Canadian Feed.

Does anyone have a copy or know where I can find it so I can put it on DVD?

Thank You.
Old 08-11-2012

CharlesCouturier

There are at least two options available to be able to download a clip.

1. RealPlayer. This product has some options to download clips, which have worked ok on Windows (For me) some times, but not all the time.

2. Capture Editing software. I now have a Mac computer. And I use iShowU HD. Obviously with this thing there are no clips that can not be downloaded. This software can capture what you see on your computer screen into a new mpeg file, so... What I mean here, is that I could be recording myself whilst writing this post, and the end result would be an mpeg file showing me typing this post. Therefore if I open my iShowU software, I can capature this clip (in full screen mode for instance) and it will create a new videoclip file on my hard drive.

I believe that the second option is your best bet, unless you're fortunate enough to get better results out of RealPlayer.