Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > O2 in H20: Breathing Skills
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2010

shuumai
Send a message via Skype™ to shuumai
Default works for mice at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuumai View Post
Sorry if I'm getting carried away with links, but I really like this one. hehe Especially the "Nutritional Therapy" and "Non-drug Strategies" sections. I think I will print this one. Again, it mentions CoQ10. It also mentions omega-3 which I also take, and some other nutrients I have been mildly interested in.

http://www.lef.org/protocols/respiratory/copd_01.htm
I had to find a place to quote a newsletter clip about CoQ10 that I just received. Here it is:

3. CoQ10 for fatigue reduction 'Researches at Uppsala University in Sweden gave mice CoQ10 for 4 weeks. Mice were made to perform swimming exercise with loads attached to their tails, corresponding to approximately 5% of their body weights, and the total swimming time until exhaustion was measured. Mice given CoQ10 took much longer to get tired. The researchers say, "These results suggest that CoQ10 supplementation improves swimming endurance and has an antifatigue effect."

'Comments: I have noticed that CoQ10 gives me more energy when taking a dose ranging from 30 to 60 mg. Sometimes if I take 100 or 200 mg I feel more energetic for a while but somehow it seems to be counterproductive later or the next day. Try for yourself to see what dosage works best for you. This nutrient is often sold at 30, 50, 60, 100 mg, and some companies even sell 200 and 300 mg per pills. See http://www.raysahelian.com/coq10.html.
Meat, fish, and nuts have a good CoQ10 content, while much lower levels are found in most dairy products, vegetables, fruits, and cereals. The average dietary intake is only 3 to 6 mg a day.'
Old 08-08-2010

splashingpat

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody-som View Post
I did have the environmental health department visit the pool
but somehow the records were different when they visited to the ones I had seen, and showed no problem. I wasn't the only one with problems though,
I heard that some of the kids in the swim club had coughs and shortness of breath when using that pool, but they never complained or made the link.

The manager was a total prick when I questioned him, he blamed
the aqua class before for the increased combined chlorine level, like someone from the other pool I use said,
'so he reckons the ladies pee in the pool then'.

I'd love to have my own endless pool, but a thing called money prevents that at the moment.
YEAH
HOW MANY OF US GET TO CHECK THE CHLORINE LEVEL OF THE POOL?
AND R YOU REALLY SAVE IN YOUR WATER?

LADIES, LADS

What's in your water?
the lifeguards only YEAH "get out of the water "
when they find SHIT in it!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

when questioned by it
you will find
the PRICK!

Last edited by splashingpat : 08-08-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-08-2010

shuumai
Send a message via Skype™ to shuumai

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashingpat View Post
YEAH
HOW MANY OF US GET TO CHECK THE CHLORINE LEVEL OF THE POOL?
AND R YOU REALLY SAVE IN YOUR WATER?

LADIES, LADS

What's in your water?
the lifeguards only YEAH "get out of the water "
when they find SH*T in it!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

when questioned by it
you will find
the PR*CK!
Pat, I'm glad I don't go to the YMCA pool anymore. They do occasionally shut down do to doo. Also, the pool that was more busy was frequently cloudy. I saw snot float by once! (Granted, those pools gave my a bit of a runny nose myself.) Afterward I would always get a stuffy nose and/or runny nose. One thing though; they posted official water test results on the wall.

For the summer I'm in an outdoor pool. No more sinus problems. Sometimes there is some organic matter floating on the surface, but the water is pretty clean and usually not over-chlorinated. Or at least being in the open air, the chlorine isn't a problem. Even if some kids pee in it, I'm guessing they are peeing in the shallow area away from where I swim. I hope! (Who knows? Maybe those people who come to the deep end for a short time are peeing there!)