Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Find a TI Training Buddy
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2012

harling
Default TI coach in Poole, Dorset UK?

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a TI coach in the UK near Poole in Dorset. A few people posting seem to be around the area.

I went on a weekend with UK TI a year ago, have done the 2 pier swim, and Weymouth swim and joined East Dorset Outdoor swimming club last year. I have the second most recent freestyle video and have avidly watched load of the classic Youtube clips. I go to the pool for 3-4 separate sessions each weekend for around 1 hour each, mainly trying to work on things - e.g. right arm swinging over the midline as I rotate this weekend. However I am stuck at 30-35 minutes (which means 30 seconds per length in 25m pool on average)in the pool for 1 mile and after videoing myself a couple of times in our school pool (I am a teacher) can see I haven't made as much progress as I thought I had (I know, speed isn't everything, but it does matter as one of the measures of progress, and does seem to matter to me).

I am 53, nearly 54, male and couldn't swim a length of freestyle when I was 50. My time hasn't really improved much since the first time I did a mile nearly three years ago (maybe by 5 minutes).

Many thanks.

Last edited by harling : 01-29-2012 at 01:42 PM. Reason: word in wrong place
Old 01-29-2012

The Parrot
Default Ti In Poole

Harling, If you get a positive response to your question please publish it or email me because I am up for that, too. Sherborne is not that far from Poole and I also know of other people that would be interested. Group lessons?
I have thought about joining East Dorset this year for some open water challenges . . .

Martin T.
Old 07-17-2012

CoachKevin
Default Coming to Poole

Hi, Folks.
I'll be staying in Poole from around 17-24 Aug. It's my first trip back to England since starting & running TI UK from 2002-2007.

I'd be happy to do some lessons/teaching for you all if you can find a pool & the time. Just let me know - kevin@swimtech.net
We'd need a lane for each 5 people. Depending on how many of you are interested, we could probably do 2, 2 hr. sessions, say 3-4 days apart. It would give you some time to practice what we work on between sessions. I can also videotape you from above & below water if we can find a TV to plug into to watch it. Pub?

We're also going to run a regular TI Weekend Workshop in Cheltenham, 25-26 Aug.

Take it easy, Kevin
Dubai, UAE