Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > How To Swim A Mile
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2012

BradMM
Default 100 Lap Swim

I've been swimming 36 laps (1.02 mi) most days lately since I'm part of a 50 mile swim challenge. Even though I'm way out ahead of everyone else, today, since my wife was on the road back from her mother's, I decided to swim 72 laps (2 mi). When I got there, I thought, what the heck, might as well make it an even 100 (2.8 mi). :-)
Old 07-14-2013

Talvi
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMM View Post
:-)
Just swam my first ever kilometre ! Just came her to say that, and saw your thread so ..... ** CONGRATS ** , maybe I now know that feeling.

My previous max was around 600m (only 4 weeks ago to the day it was maybe 150-200m at a stretch). Today I did 200m (2x 100m) in open water, then went around again, so 400m, then thought may as well try to make it to 500m and that wasn't so bad so I did the return to 600m, then thought let's see .. and suddenly it started getting easier so that was 800 and then I though s**t, maybe today's the day, why not? And then it was the 1,000m and I can't believe it. So yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! So nice I'm gonna to post this twice! Thanks for telling me

"The water is your friend.....you don't have to fight with water, just share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move."
~ Aleksandr Popov
Old 07-14-2013

BradMM

CONGRATS to you! I have to tell you, if you were in open water, your feat was far greater than mine! I was in a nice comfy pool at 82 degrees F!

Brad
Old 07-14-2013

Talvi
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMM View Post
CONGRATS to you! I have to tell you, if you were in open water, your feat was far greater than mine! I was in a nice comfy pool at 82 degrees F!Brad
That's gracious and appreciated Brad but I'm not sure that 0.6km = 2.8km even taking into account temperature! (maybe 70'F is comparatively a bit chilly, especially when you hit those cold patches, but Andyinnorway swims down to 10'C / 50'F brrrr!!)

"The water is your friend.....you don't have to fight with water, just share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move."
~ Aleksandr Popov

Last edited by Talvi : 08-21-2013 at 08:04 PM.