Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Swimming In Triathlon
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013

Osmond
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa.michelle View Post
I started my triathlete training last year, and will be going for my first attempt coming year.
Triathletes want different set of information in front of them when they are on the go!
1. For swimmers (depending on Open Water and Pool Swimming), you will be looking forward to your swim speed, swim cadence, distance travelled, stroke count, stroke style, and time.
2. For runners, data like speed, distance, elevation, run cadence, altitude, temperature and time shall be useful.
3. And for bikers, you can have data stats like bike speed, distance, pedaling effort, elevation, gradient and time.
My trainer recommended buying sports watch that will display all these data metrics. What do you say in this regard?!
I bought the Garmin 910 XT after trying out a few other less expensive computers. I found they all lacked a little in comparison to the Garmin. I love all the data on the bike, cadance, HR, I think are a must have.... power meter not so much of you're just starting out. It does lack a little in the water... not being able to use the HR monitor is a bummer. I haven't had any issues with missreads when I upload my open water swims... The virtual racer for run training is a fun one if you don't have anyone to chase on a day you feel like you can fly!
Don't go overboard to start out.... relax and enjoy!