Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Links and References
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2012

lxz
Default 100 Best Swimming Drills

Hi,

I came across the book "The 100 Best Swimming Drills" by Blythe Lucero. ISBN 9781841263373. Has anyone here used it? I wondered what people here thought of it if they have. There were only a few reviews on Amazon but they were all 4 or 5 star.

Toni
Old 05-22-2012

jenson1a

I bought the book prior to hearing about TI. At that time I liked how they explained the various drills. For instance, they described the drill, said why the need, and then offered common difficulties in doing the drill and how to correct the problems. They seemed to emphasize kicking a lot more than TI does. Also they seemed to emphasize that the arms chief function was to push the water back for propulsion. Suggestion was also made to do drills with kickboard for better kicking--pretty much a no-no in TI

When I did get the TI book, I liked the logical progression of the drills and also the fact that (at least for me) they seemed to offer more suggestions for the older swimmer. (Given the fact that Terry is 60+)

Would be interesting if any coaches might comment on this book--if they are familiar with it.