Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012

BrianWill
Default New to TI

I have known about TI for quite some time. This year I finally decided to give it a go and ordered the DVD from the USA. I loved the balancing drills, but found breathing as many people do quite challenging. However I was a bit overweight so maybe my core is not strong enough to rotate in a balanced manner. I did for the first time felt relaxed in the water. I lost some weight. I made a mistake though of joining a swimming class which teaches traditional methods. Although I made a little progress I still find I am using lots of energy. I have to use pure muscle power to swim.

I have decided to go with TI and contact the local TI coach. Today I did some more TI drills as shown on the DVD. Everyone else were just swimming laps. The urge to just swim is big but I really do not want to imprint incorrect techniques. Thanks for reading and I know with determination I can do this.
Old 09-17-2012

azamy

Welcome to the TI world Brian.

I am sure you won't regret about your decision selecting TI. Once you master balance (do lots of SG) the rest of the pieces will fall into place one by one and your enjoyment of swimming will be limitless.

Keep up and keep the forum community posted.

Cheers