Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2016

lloyddinma

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiswimjapan View Post
There are many kinds of skills to swim like me. Many people acquired those kinds of skills, and they can swim like me.
https://youtu.be/Ke5p7DC0kDg

Hello Shinji,

I am speaking only for myself. Just two clarification:

First, I don't believe I was not being dismissive of your accomplishments.

Second what is being referenced here is your feats: 25 meters in 9/11strokes etc.

Can everyone do that? Or even better can they do it with such grace as it seems in the video. If possible, will it not require a lot of training. It would be very motivating to see such individuals..

As a progressing student, I have seen the video link you present here many times. It simply captures people swimming with your style. :)

Stillness is the greatest revelation.
-- Lao Tzu
The light of the body is the eye.
-- J. Ch__st.
Old 05-27-2016

tiswimjapan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyddinma View Post
Can everyone do that? Or even better can they do it with such grace as it seems in the video. If possible, will it not require a lot of training. It would be very motivating to see such individuals.
We have "TI Swim Level" system in Japan.
http://tiswim.jp/online/ti_swimlevel.htm (Sorry Japanese only)

Since the stroke count is affected by height or arm span, we use height, stroke count and time to see how efficient the swim is.
The top level, "Super TI Swimmer" shares 0.6% of 2500 swimmers. Their stroke counts are about 8-10, depending on heights and speed.
The level and the next "Elite TI Swimmer" level occupy 3%.
For me grace includes speed. So they are relatively fast and graceful.
TI Japan senior coaches are reqired to become Elite level.
Shinji's Swim Video: http://youtu.be/rJpFVvho0o4

Last edited by tiswimjapan : 05-27-2016 at 12:33 AM.
Old 05-27-2016

lloyddinma

Quote:
We have "TI Swim Level" system in Japan.
http://tiswim.jp/online/ti_swimlevel.htm (Sorry Japanese only)

Since the stroke count is affected by height or arm span, we use height, stroke count and time to see how efficient the swim is.
The top level, "Super TI Swimmer" shares 0.6% of 2500 swimmers. Their stroke counts are about 8-10, depending on heights and speed.
The level and the next "Elite TI Swimmer" level occupy 3%.
For me grace includes speed. So they are relatively fast and graceful.
You have introduced a few parameters here: wingspan and height. Maybe even density, body torso/leg ratio and feet size can be tossed in right?

(As a disclosure. I share some of these benefits, so the issue of sour grapes is inapplicable) :

I was not able to translate the link, but It is reasonsble to suggest you have converged towards the sentiment expressed: Everybody can swim like Shinji (if they look like Shinji). :)

Now please if you could be so kind as to comment or share a link on the intense "pushes" that you deploy in your swimming towards, lowering SPL etc.

Thanks

-- Lao Tzu
-- J. Ch__st.
Old 05-27-2016

tiswimjapan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyddinma View Post
Now please if you could be so kind as to comment or share a link on the intense "pushes" that you deploy in your swimming towards, lowering SPL etc.
Thanks
I will introduce some of them on my Facebook page and my YouTube channel. I always try to improve my teaching skill so that everybody who wants to swim like me will be able to swim like me.
Shinji's Swim Video: http://youtu.be/rJpFVvho0o4
Old 05-27-2016

lloyddinma

Quote:
I will introduce some of them on my Facebook page and my YouTube channel. I always try to improve my teaching skill so that everybody who wants to swim like me will be able to swim like me.
Yes, I know you are very altruistic. To the point where you even post tutorials. You are fortunate to be able to speak and write in 2 languages, with English being your second. Consequently, some of the instructions in your videos are a little off grammatically, making it a little challenging to comprehend sometimes.

I believe I even left you a YouTube note on one specific video, over a year ago (Not all of us are big FaceBook fans)

Since you are prime-time and global now, you might want to consider assistance in translating or editing your intent.

If you can't find anyone, I will be more than happy to assist you by reviewing or leaving a brief comment you can quickly delete after rectification. It is the least I could do.

Cheers!

-- Lao Tzu
-- J. Ch__st.