Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2009

kevinp
Default Total Immersion Freestyle Drills Cheat Sheet

Hi all,

I started keeping a cheat sheet for the Freestyle Drills, so that I could print it out, put it in a ziploc bag and keep it by the side of the pool.

Over time, the cheat sheet has become detailed enough that it may be useful for others. So I have published it using Google Docs:

Total Immersion Freestyle Drills Cheat Sheet

I print it by converting it to a PDF and using Adobe Acrobat's multi-page print feature, so that the four pages can be printed onto a single sheet. A little trimming with a scissors, and the sheet fits neatly into a large (8 x 11) ziploc bag.

If you have a Google or Gmail account, try using this link for Viewer access so that you can see future changes and also easily print from Google Docs.

Last edited by kevinp : 03-23-2009 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Added Google viewer access link
Old 03-23-2009

naj

Kevinp this is great we should market you and me we'll make millions! Seriously, thanks for posting this. It'll be nice to have a little reminder when I'm doing my drills.
Old 03-24-2009

DBourdon

Is this basically what your practice sessions look like? Do you follow from top to bottom? How many days per week do you drill?
Old 03-24-2009

kevinp

I swim 2 - 3 times a week.

When I started on Total Immersion, I would start in Drill 1 and work my way up through Drill 13, focusing on the specific lessons that are organized in Terry's book.

After about 8 weeks, I started the Fitness Interval Training #1 section at the end. This is also put together according to the Interval training chapter in Terry's book.

I am now starting the (new) Fitness Interval Training #2 section. The rest of the cheat sheet is still useful because I make it a point to read through the relevant Drill every single swim session to make sure I don't forget what to focus on.

Last edited by kevinp : 03-24-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-24-2009
Head Coach

terry has disabled reputation

Kevin
You could probably start with Step 4 - Skating, but segue to it from Superman Glide, as I described in the Back to Basics thread.

May your laps be as happy as mine.

My TI Story
Old 05-27-2009

kevinp
Default Should I go for a weekend workshop?

I've worked my way through all the drills and have developed a decent (albeit slow) swimming stroke. I can now swim about 250 yards without having to stop for a break.

There is a Freestyle workshop in Dallas in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if I would benefit from going to it. Any ideas? I appreciate the feedback.
Old 05-31-2009

GeneP

Since I can't wear tri-focals swimming, I can barely read the 4 page version :-)

Thanks for sharing.

Check out: http://betterhealthtmbc.blogspot.com/
Updated 2/16/2010