Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2013

mt6127
Default Value of a picture (or short video)?

like many of you, I received the recent emails with Terry's lessons. When I saw lesson 6, "synchonize the whole body" it got my interest because I drew an analogy to golf where most people lose distance due to mis-timing their shoulder turn to their hips. After watching the vid, the swim thought I walked away with was how he times his core. The key thought for me to emulate that was to stay on my side until my hand enters the water, then rotate as I start my catch through the pull. This is backwards to my old way of thinking of timing my rotation off my pull to allow my hand to clear the hips. By timing rolling off my side to my recovery hand entering the water, I wind up spending very little time on plane to the water - I'm either on on side or in transition. My "power leak" was probably due to not get any benefit from my core rotation. It felt a bit awkward at first but my interval pace dropped by 3-5 seconds/50 to where I could easily hold 40 sec/50 during a drill/swim set. Still working to make it smooth but it feels right...
Old 10-18-2013

ernewill

That is a lot of improvement for a change in timing. Guess I better catch up on the videos. I would love to slice a couple seconds off my laps.
Ted