Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2012

BradMM
Default Need a new suit

My jammers are now feeling confining and I'm not quite ready to go FULL SPEEDO. What do you think about the square leg or poly mesh suits?

http://lane4swim.com/solnyltrains.html

I can't "try before I buy" so some feedback would be helpful!

Thanks,

Brad
Old 06-04-2012

westyswoods
Default New Suit

I love the square leg suits. Swimoutlet has a great selection.

I use the Tyr / Durafast they sell.

Swim Silent and Be Well
Westy
Old 06-04-2012

BradMM

Thanks! I'll check 'em out!
Old 06-04-2012

BradMM

Are the mesh ones more comfortable???
Old 06-04-2012

tomoy

I like these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YZG4II

They're not really short, the Endurance line is pretty heavy-duty and won't die easily, and they're less binding than jammers. They run a size small though.
Old 06-05-2012

stratcat

Arena do some decent stuff as well - I think the Arena Byor is the current model but I've used their previous versions for a few years and they're pretty good and comfortable.

Chris
Old 06-05-2012

sinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoy View Post
I like these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YZG4II

They're not really short, the Endurance line is pretty heavy-duty and won't die easily, and they're less binding than jammers. They run a size small though.
I second the nomination for this suit. Have been wearing one for two years now, 3 days a week in the pool. I rinse the chlorine out in shower after every use and it is still good as new. Tomoy is correct in that you want to order one size larger than normal.
Old 06-05-2012

BradMM

So, if my pants are 34 waist, my suit should be 36, right?

Still wondering about mesh.....?

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2012

haschu33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMM View Post

Still wondering about mesh.....?

Thanks!
It says in the text the mesh ones are slightly baggy to create drag for training...
I personally am fully equipped with obstacles to good swimming that I would leave out any extra drag from the suit. I'd take the suit in a smaller size than usual because they all get a little baggy when they get wet.
I am usually wearing one of those square Speedo ones out of this endurance+ fabric, which is a really long lasting material. I just hate these completely boring black and blue colors, I like more colorful ones, red or green and real colors. Also I actually prefer briefs to the square ones, but that's a matter of personal taste, I guess.

I am not quite sure what your real question is, how the last, how they fit, how they look like, what the girls want to see you in ;-) ?
Old 06-05-2012

BradMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haschu33 View Post
It says in the text the mesh ones are slightly baggy to create drag for training...
I personally am fully equipped with obstacles to good swimming that I would leave out any extra drag from the suit. I'd take the suit in a smaller size than usual because they all get a little baggy when they get wet.
I am usually wearing one of those square Speedo ones out of this endurance+ fabric, which is a really long lasting material.

I am not quite sure what your real question is, how the last, how they fit, how they look like, what the girls want to see you in ;-) ?
Ok, so the mesh suits are drag suits... that makes sense. Yeah, my jammers have been around a long time because they are poly and I'm sure I could get years more.

My real question was just to fill in the gaps between pictures online and actually wearing one. Like I said, can't try before I buy (I don't live near a place that would carry them). I will probably go with your recommendation... and I'm too old for any "girls" to care. :-( 58 next Sunday...

Thanks!!!