Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Butterfly
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2010

Richardsk

Hi Alan

I do come in for a certain amount of mockery at these events for my tendency to enter almost the whole program. Perhaps when I master the butterfly the mockery will intensify, especially if I ever manage to finish a 400 IM. For the moment a legal 50m fly would satisfy me, especially a long course 50m. Not having that wall to rest on at the 25m mark makes a huge difference. I know a chap who is a very competent butterflier and now, I think, about to move up to the 80-84 age group, who always takes a little breather at the walls. He does swim long course races as well, where the breathers are spaced out a bit.

I take the view that if he can do it so can I. We shall see.

Today I'll try to make my fly practice more organized. Gravity and buoyancy will be the focal points.
Old 12-26-2010

AWP

Richard

A little 'tip' a pool mate suggested: to glance at my feet after recovery. This seemed to assure my butt went up and make me aware of my body wave. It was a brief experience on an abbreviated session so not conclusive. Just wanted to share. It was definitely a new feeling but had me skipping closer to the surface. More testing to come.