Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Links and References
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2009

naj
Default Resistance Stretching Part Two

Well here is the latest update on my resistance stretching adventure. I will admit that I am not in the new age, merridian aspect of this stretching, but I did know that I needed to do something to lossen up and strenghthen my muscles at the same time. So I've been doing the beggining exercises from "The Genius of Flexibility," book written by Bob Cooley. And I have to admit I have gained a considerable amount of flexibility in my quadsa dn my hamstrings are "geting there" very very slowly.

But I'm going to keep at it. Right now I do the stretches every other day simply because I am currently in The Middle East doing some work and can't fit them in every day.

If one wants to look into this I would recommend it. I have more range of motion and can't wait to get back into the pool to see how things are going. Haven't been able to swim in nearly six weeks! I'm going nuts each night visualizing in my mind skating on one side, then the other and rolling to breathe and shooting on! I envy you all who access to pools right now! Sure I've got the Medditeranian but I don't have a wet suit with me...darnit! Mental note: bring all gear next trip.

Happy Laps!
Naji
Old 01-15-2009

Jamwhite

Here is the link to it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Genius-Flexibi...2017608&sr=1-1.
Old 01-15-2009

AWP

I'm interested and will look into it, thank you both!
Old 01-15-2009

Rhoda

What part of the Med are you near? It may be warm enough to swim without a wetsuit. Just keep your nose out of the water for the first 10 minutes of your warmup - perhaps do breast stroke or side stroke to get your muscles going.
Old 01-16-2009

naj

No Rhoda its not warm enough here. I'm in Lebanon and I know this area very well in the winter, you don't wanna go in without a suit. Keep in mind it snows here as well and extra reasonn to preserver what little insulation I have on this ole' bod :)