Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2010

max.todd
Default Water feels thick and heavy

Hi,

I have only been swimming for the last 3 months and just stumbled on total immersion in the last couple of weeks. Amazing, I have gone from only being able to swim 4 laps non stop (25M Pool) to 20 laps non stop in a period of 2 weeks. And that's just from getting bits of information from the net. I'm still waiting for my book and dvd to arrive. Anyway, I'm finding that after swimming 20 laps and then resting for a few minutes that when I start again the water actually feels quite heavy and thick when I resume. I also feel that I have less control over my body and that my coordination i gone. It's almost like I can't really feel what I am doing. I figured it was just fatigue but I've never felt better and I'm definitely less tired than my pre-TI days. Anyway after swimming a few laps it starts to feel like normal again. Is this making sense to anyone. My other thought is that maybe it is because my muscles have cooled down during the rest. Any thoughts, Thanks
Old 07-14-2010

Rincewind

I thought thick and heavy feeling of the water was a good thing.

If it feels thick that means you are really maintaining a good hold on it.

If it doesnt feel thick that means your arms are just slicing through it without generating any propulsion.