Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2009

armania
Default Legs in Superman Glide

Hi,

I have been having this problem with regards to Superman Glide. When I'm doing Superman Glide, everything goes smoothly , head in line with the spine, hands and legs relaxed, BUT when the glide stops, I expect my legs to drop but they don't. As if some super glue makes my legs attach to the surface. So, I thought to myself maybe I strain my legs then I repeat again the Superman Glide, totally relax from head to toe but the result always the same when I stop, the legs won't drop. Does that mean I'm having a problem with my legs? Because on the Easy Freestyle, in the SG, Terry says that when you lose momentum, the legs drop. I try and try my best but my legs won't drop. Please help guys! Thanks...
Old 04-07-2009

lanceryoung

Enjoy! You have light ankles.
Old 04-07-2009

naj

Your build might have something to do with your legs not dropping. If you have more muscle and bone density the legs will eventually drop. If you do not have this then they would tend to stay up a bit longer.
Old 04-07-2009
TI Coach

CoachEricDeSanto

I would consider this a good thing. I can, with a little effort and a lot of focus, get my body to stay on the surface without moving. That is part of the goal. If your balance is perfect, your legs will float. In fact, it is harder to cheat as you slow down. I am trying to think of anything you can be doing wrong while this is happening. I can't find it. As long as you are relaxed, and you will get better at relaxing as you practice, and you hold a strait body line, enjoy it.
Old 04-07-2009
Head Coach

terry has disabled reputation

Armania
As others have noted this is your unusually good fortune. Among other things it means you have an inborn advantage when working on balance and should mean far more ease in learning a compact, effective, well-timed and very efficient 2BK.
This also makes you much like Shinji, whose exquisitely beautiful video you may have seen on-line.

May your laps be as happy as mine.

My TI Story