Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013

nicka

Hey Chris
The swim went well thanks for asking.
I was a bit ambitious with my time hoping to swim it under the 25 minute mark and instead a 27.28 against a slight current with the tide going out and in a wave of about 200 where i placed 575 out of 718 of the masters male group, there were over 5000 swimmers on the day i believe and it all went so smooth.
I started off at the very inside just behind the 1st row and kept up with a lot of the others until about 400-500 meter and then started tiring and lost a lot of form and slowly dropped back where i was getting passed even by the faster swimmers of the next wave that started 10 minutes after ours.
I kept on course well as i could see plenty of swimmers on both sides and also in front while i was trying to draft so i didn't do too much sighting and just went with the flow(Thank you Craig for all the advice that i followed to a Tee), Conditions were almost perfect with nice weather and just a slight onshore breeze, as i was getting near the shore i was planning to sprint run to the finish line to gain some seconds only to find my body feeling like it was twice as heavy as normal from tiredness but still managed to jog over the line smiling.
Although i never swam near my goal i no i did the best i could and come from not being able to swim 10 meters almost 2 years ago so hopefully i can only improve from here.
I was going to have a few days or weeks rest after the event only to find myself at the pool the next morning in training for next year :)

I was down your area a few weeks ago driving down Beach Road looking out over black rock and WOW how lucky you are with some awesome beaches down there.
Good luck with your comps, i wish we had more but that's now until next year.

Nick
Old 01-22-2013

craig.arnold@gmail.com

Awesome. Well done!

That's the magic of TI, going from a point where doing something like that would never even occur to you to a good finish and a tremendous dose of fun.