Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > How To Swim A Mile
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2009

lvigrd
Default Thanks for suggestions

Hi everyone,
Thank you for your suggestions. I also have been putting the drops on the inside of the goggles. However, I have done the toothpaste/spray/drops for just a minute or so, so I will try leaving it on for a longer time to see if it helps. I've been on vacation without access to swimming all week, so haven't had the chance to try this out, can't wait to see if any of these tips help!
Laura
Old 08-09-2009

shuumai
Send a message via Skype™ to shuumai

My wife who seems to have a problem due to mascara has found success with JAWS Quick Spit. It worked for me as well. Now that I'm thinking about it, my goggles didn't have a problem with fogging until after I let my wife use them!
Old 08-09-2009

Nicodemus
Default Spit works, and is free

Hi,
I have done a lot of scuba diving, and it is widely accepted in that community that the best (& free) solution is to rub a little spit on the inside of the lenses, then rinse out, and off you go. I do this every time I use my swim goggles and it works fine.
Old 08-11-2009

scrummaster

Baby shampoo works pretty nicely. And so do spitting in it and then dunking it in the water (at least for me).
Old 08-16-2009

lvigrd
Default one more question on anti-fogging goggles

Hi everyone,
I've tried all the suggestions and am still getting fogged up goggles. I have been washing with dawn liquid, then letting air dry (hanging), and then once dried I've tried drops or spray or toothpaste and left it on for various times up to 30 minutes, then rinsed thoroughly and let air dry before heading to the pool. I put the goggles on dry, and still, about 1/4 mile or less I have to stop for the spit treatment to defog. My concern is in the middle of a triathlon (I'm doing Nation's in a month, and it doesn't look like I'll get much of a swim warmup in the Potomac) I don't have the luxury of stopping to do this. SO now I am wondering, are all of you doing these tricks (toothpaste, spray, etc) and rinsing and putting the goggles on wet? It's the only thing I haven't tried. Thanks. Laura
Yes, I am putting this on the inside of the lenses.
Old 08-16-2009

shuumai
Send a message via Skype™ to shuumai

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvigrd View Post
I've tried all the suggestions and am still getting fogged up goggles.
Are your lense mirrored? I had to replace two sets of mirrored goggles that me and my son had because they fogged up like mad.
Old 08-18-2009

ynotcat

I have had success with Barracuda anti-fog. One drop in each lens, smear it around, let dry for 30 seconds or so, and then polish with a soft cotton cloth (or inside of the t-shirt I am wearing). No need to rinse. I found that this doesn't work on all goggles, I think it depends on what type of surface the lens is.

http://www.skylinenw.com/p-32-defogger.aspx
Old 08-18-2009

Rhoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvigrd View Post
...SO now I am wondering, are all of you doing these tricks (toothpaste, spray, etc) and rinsing and putting the goggles on wet? It's the only thing I haven't tried...
Sometimes when I get the pool on a cold day mine will fog up, so I'll dip them in the pool and shake the excess moisture out before putting them on... so yes, I'm putting them on wet.
Old 08-18-2009

lvigrd

Thanks everyone, the info helps, I'll keep plugging away. I did order another pair of goggles since I was about due, so maybe that will help as well.
Laura
Old 08-20-2009

madinjapan

Spit in them, as some people have already said, it really isn't just a movie thing. I've never have a problem with googles fogging, and I have a relatively cheap nike pair.