Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Favorite Practices and Sets
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012

lmcousins@comcast.net
Default Beginner Practice Drills

Hello ..
I just ended my first triathlon season with my third triathlon. I've bested my times each time I race but now I'm looking forward to the off season to really improve my times for next year. I purchased the Perpetual Motion in 10 Lessons DVD and I've watched it over and over but I can't figure out a practical plan for taking to the pool.

Am I to go to the pool and do just the super man glide?? And for how long? Same for skating .. just do that .. and for how long .. and call it a day?

What should the first day of training look like when taking these lessons to the pool?

Thanks so much!

- Lisa
Old 08-28-2012

che9194

I personally had tremendous success using the TI Beginner and Intermediate Freestyle Stroke Efficiency programs. Each program guides you through TI in a very concrete and practical 19 workout plan.

http://www.totalimmersion.net/blog/S...ande-Krol.html

I hadn't been in the pool for over a decade and was able to develop an injury-free baseline of fitness and technique by doing them both, one after the other, over a 3-month period. I stuck a copy of each workout to a wet kick board and referred to it for the 45 minute practice. I got some weird looks, but you can't argue with the results - over the past year, my "all-out" 300-yard time dropped from 5:00 to under 4:00!

Good luck!

Last edited by che9194 : 08-28-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-29-2012

lmcousins@comcast.net

Thanks Che .. I'm trying to figure out which ebook to purchase. At $30 a pop, I'd like to make the most of it. From looking at the Intermediate Freestyle Efficiency book, the drills look very similar to the Beginner book so I might go with that one. I keep studying the perpetual motion dvd but I like the idea of bringing the printed pages with me to the pool. I know I will not remember it all! I guess I could make my own drill cards from the DVD but I don't know how long to practice each lesson, etc.
Old 08-29-2012

che9194

If you can only get one, definitely go with the Intermediate.