Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2010

daveblt
Default video finally !!

OK , practicing TI for over 14 years and been on this forum long enough .Time for the video . Hey Splashing Pat here you go ! Let me know what you think . I wish the video quality was a little better on youtube .The video itself was good. 25 yard pool .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_D1wwOArw8

Dave

Last edited by daveblt : 01-27-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Old 01-27-2010

Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveblt View Post
OK , practicing TI for over 14 years and been on this forum long enough .Time for the video . Hey Splashing Pat here you go ! Let me know what you think . I wish the video quality was a little better on youtube .The video itself was good. 25 yard pool .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_D1wwOArw8

Dave
Lovely quiet swimming Dave. Do you swim at at a faster turnover as well? I like your breast stroke as well. You are not pushing alot of water. Swimming like that (Free) I imagine you could go a long time.
Old 01-27-2010

daveblt

[quote=Grant;8714]. Do you swim at at a faster turnover as well?

Sometimes . I was probably swimming a bit casual.

Dave
Old 02-01-2010

daveblt

I want to post a better video . I have a mini dv camcorder and an eMAC computer . The quality of the video diminished when I uploaded it from imovie to quicktime and I think maybe a little more when it went to youtube . Does anyone know what I can do about this ?

Dave
Old 02-01-2010

Mike from NS
Default Thanks Dave - Your turn Pat!

Great video Dave ... I'm envious of your patient stroke. You look so much in control and at ease. Great stuff from which I can learn something as well. Thanks.

OK Pat ... we need to see your video now !!! When I get as smooth as Dave, I'll post mine. Right now my style and form are "sad" to say the least and I must save some pride. So let's see yours please !! We saw Westy's recently and that looked really good too. Oh... I'm so jealous of all you great swimmers!!!

Mike

Last edited by Mike from NS : 02-01-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-01-2010
Banned

Lawrence

I would speed up a bit as I think you must have enough control to do that without losing form.

Even better, post a video with the lights turned on!

Agree with Pat that you could lengthen the stroke a bit. If it's 11 hand entries for 25 yards I would definitely recommend lengthening. That's good but I think you're capable of more.
Old 02-02-2010

daveblt

Thanks for all your responses . Pat I agree on the backstroke entry , it should enter a bit faster and could probably pick up the pace a bit, but I'm not sure what you and Lawrence mean about gliding more and lengthening my stroke more than I am now ? I'm swimming in the video with 11 strokes freestyle and about 12 on backstroke ! Please explain ?

Dave
Old 02-02-2010

atreides

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveblt View Post
Thanks for all your responses . Pat I agree on the backstroke entry , it should enter a bit faster and could probably pick up the pace a bit, but I'm not sure what you and Lawrence mean about gliding more and lengthening my stroke more than I am now ? I'm swimming in the video with 11 strokes freestyle and about 12 on backstroke ! Please explain ?

Dave
I watched your video several times. I think what Pat and Lawrence are talking about is the entry point on your recovery. You are making the prescribed entry point for TI which is opposite elbow. You extend underwater which is what I didn't see until I looked at several times. Because you look like you have long arms, it appears you could reach further out without too much trouble. Even though I have read about opposite elbow entry point both TL and Shinji reach further out on their recoveries. I'm not sure what it would do for your SPL because it so good now. This may be more of an aestetics than anything else. Can you swim that way lap after lap or do you get oxygen deprived?
Old 02-02-2010

daveblt

I do feel a little oxygen deprived when I breathe every third stroke. When I breathe every other stroke at a little quicker pace and really focus on the breathing I can swim farther .

Dave
Old 02-04-2010

daveblt

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashingpat View Post
BUT YOU ARE GOOD...
DON'T MISTAKE THAT!
PAT

Why thank you... but I'm only good sometimes when I sleep ! Hah !

Dave