Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013
Coach

CoachAnnaKarinLundin

Hi!

Came home from hosting a TI camp in Fuerteventura, Spain two weeks ago. Promised you before to post a new TI video from that place - here it is. Itīs more representative for my current TI swimming. I have put in some work to get my left side breathing to be more smooth.

https://vimeo.com/64662179

TI Coach Anna-Karin

Last edited by CoachAnnaKarinLundin : 04-25-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-25-2013

rcrawf

Very nice! Would you mind posting some of you're average times for various sets?
Thanks, Rich
Old 04-25-2013
Coach

CoachAnnaKarinLundin

If I swim with TT at 1.30, I do hundreds (meters not yards) on 1.18-19, trying to swim 13-14 strokes per 25 meter. TT at 1.20, I swim a couple seconds faster. TT at 1.10, the same thing. At 0.85 - here itīs harder to use my technique in the right way and the time don't get much better.
Old 04-25-2013

rcrawf

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachAnnaKarinLundin View Post
If I swim with TT at 1.30, I do hundreds (meters not yards) on 1.18-19, trying to swim 13-14 strokes per 25 meter.
Can you keep this pace and spl for 400m+? And would you ever play around with a 4 beat kick?

Beautiful swimming!
Old 04-25-2013

Ghul

Wow! A beautiful stroke and impressive efficiency.
Old 04-25-2013

sinker

Quote:
Hi!

Came home from hosting a TI camp in Fuerteventura, Spain two weeks ago. Promised you before to post a new TI video from that place - here it is. Itīs more representative for my current TI swimming. I have put in some work to get my left side breathing to be more smooth.

https://vimeo.com/64662179

TI Coach Anna-Karin
Thanks for posting this Anna. You are all that I thought you were when I saw your first video. I have been swimming more frequently in the winter months and usually play your first two videos before I leave for the pool. Believe I have improved considerably the last few months and you played a large part in it. I have worked to emulate what originally awed me about you---your elegant recovery and entry.

Gene
Old 04-26-2013

wie

Disclaimer: This is an observation from a beginner only.
What I notice is that the breathing looks strange, different than I know it from videos from Terry or Shinji. It looks so abrupt and doesn't fit to the rest of the smooth movement. The head comes out of the water earlier than the arm.
Old 04-26-2013

andyinnorway

Quote:
If I swim with TT at 1.30, I do hundreds (meters not yards) on 1.18-19, trying to swim 13-14 strokes per 25 meter. TT at 1.20, I swim a couple seconds faster. TT at 1.10, the same thing. At 0.85 - here itīs harder to use my technique in the right way and the time don't get much better.
Hi,

I'm not sure how you can swim a 1.18 100 with TT@1.30 unless your SPL was 12.25?

Don't you need 3 strokes per length for push off, breakout and turn? that's 11 per 100 as you only turn 3 times not 4.

78 seconds / 1.3 seconds per stroke = 60

60 strokes - 11 for push offs and turns = 49

49 divide 4 lengths =12.25

or do you do some mega fast break out or do you count your push off as a stroke on your SPL, if that's the case then we would normally call that 12 SPL not 14?
Old 04-27-2013
coach

CoachStuartMcDougal

AWESOME video Coach Anna!! A video like this is worth 10,000 words, maybe 20,000 or more. This is something to study closely, analyze and check our strokes against. Beautiful smoooooth stroke, like "butta", perfect timing, incredible streamline (especially on breath), so graceful! This piece will create a lot of positive chatter and I'm sure it will make its way through many other swim forums and facebook too - woohooo! And pretty awesome videographer/editor with the blends and music that put this all together (really love the part you swimming into the headwind too - rockin!)

Thanks for posting!!!

Happy Swimming AND Coaching!

Stuart
Old 04-27-2013

wie

30 strokes per 50 m?
In another thread you told me that 40-44 is good.
I'm confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachSuzanne View Post
When I swim comfortablly fast I swim 43 strokes for 50m.