Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2012

haschu33
Default There is life in the old dog yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMM View Post
... and I'm too old for any "girls" to care. :-( 58 next Sunday...

Thanks!!!
Lucky you, I have to wait another month for the 58 ;-)
Old 06-06-2012

Richardsk

You guys are mere children. I'll be 77 next birthday - in August. Speedo Endurance is my favourite. Very hard wearing and I prefer the boring black and blue ones. My club colours are blue and yellow but the club briefs have worn too thin to wear in public.
Old 06-06-2012

BradMM

I defer to the wisdom of my elders, Richard, and will go with Speedo blue.

:-)
Old 06-06-2012

andyinnorway

I don't get it. To me the jammers are the best for training and the most modest? and they last forever, unless you sit in an rough rendered hot tub in them.
Old 06-06-2012

BradMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyinnorway View Post
I don't get it. To me the jammers are the best for training and the most modest? and they last forever, unless you sit in an rough rendered hot tub in them.
Yeah, the jammers work fine. Maybe mine are the wrong size but the leg part just feels tight and confining... that's where all this began. I pull them up as high as I can when I swim so I thought why not just buy a suit with less leg...?

I haven't been doing a bunch of leg work recently although I did swim 47 miles in 42 swims recently as a part of a challenge. Maybe my thighs got bigger, I don't know but my weight has actually gone down a little so it's not just me getting fatter. :-)

Thanks,
Old 03-25-2013
Coach

CoachBobM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoy View Post
I like these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YZG4II

They're not really short, the Endurance line is pretty heavy-duty and won't die easily, and they're less binding than jammers. They run a size small though.
I recently completed an experiment with the Speedo Endurance line. After years of not being able to wear a competitive swimsuit for more than about 6 months (at the most) before it began to fray around the rear seam or became so limp that it would slide down as I was climbing out of the water (unless I pulled the draw string super tight), I decided to buy an Endurance suit. That was about 4 years ago, and it wasn't until this year that it finally started to get a little limp from the chlorine and I decided to replace it.

I didn't find the Endurance line to be undersized.

Bob
Old 03-26-2013

BradMM

Now I'm almost 59 and this thread is still going on. :-0
Old 03-26-2013

borate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBobM View Post
...It wasn't until this year that it finally started to get a little limp from the chlorine and I decided to replace it.
Bob
Another line worth testing, Bob...
http://www.skylinenw.com/c-154-barracuda-swimwear.aspx
(Also available through many retailers)

"The Barracuda polyester blended Fastback utilizes a revolutionary Italian Darwin fabric that is chlorine-proof, making it a great pool training swimsuit.
The quick drying stretch polyester material will not lose shape or color due to chlorine and also provides 50+ sun protection."

Last one held on for two years, about three-times longer than most Speedo suits I've worn. The suit was still in great shape but the lining - front only - shredded.
Its replacement is fully lined. Friend at the pool has had hers for a year, swims about three-hours weekly and claims that the suit shows no wear.

No, I don't work for the company.^