Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2012

Meatbag
Default Starting TI

I just received the Perpetual Motion Freestyle DVD.

Is there a suggested amount of time that I spend on each lesson? I'm assuming it's "at your own pace"; but is there anything I should be aiming for? Is there also a suggested amount of time I spend on each pool session?

As far as my current swimming abilities, I'd rate them slightly better than that of a rock.
Old 07-11-2012

Rupertdacat
Default A link...

Fitness-Swimming-Second-Edition-Emmett Hines has just the type of information you are looking for.

Rupe
Old 07-11-2012

mbruse

When I first started the drills I did them until I got bored in my own pool. My pool is only 30 feet so I outgrew it. It was very obvious to me when that was necessary. Superman glide works well in small pools but you'll want more room to spread out.

I then moved to the college 25m pool. I did the drills until boredom set in and then moved on to the next.

I suggest going to the FREE STUFF on this website and print the self coached manual and easy free style pdfs. I did not notice them when I first started. I actually wrote myself little notes based on what Terry was saying in the video. I typed it up (even created a cryptic code for the micromotions) and put it in plastic so I could have it at the side of the pool while learning the drills in the lessons. The pdf includes almost the very same steps so you won't have to make notes like I did.

There are recommendations in the PDF on how much time to spend on any drill.

The beauty of the drills in the beginning is that I could do them every day without any soreness.

Last edited by mbruse : 07-11-2012 at 07:20 AM.