Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Find a TI Training Buddy
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2009

Suddethb
Default Bowie, MD?

I train at Sport Fit in Bowie, Maryland USA and have seen several folks starting TI freestyle. Anyone who is serious and wants to train together, let me know. I swim on Saturday morning and Wednesday night, and any other times I can fit in. My focus in on distance butterfly in open water.
http://openwaterpedia.com/index.php?title=Brian_Suddeth

Brian

Last edited by Suddethb : 03-05-2015 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-06-2011

vkelman
Default What about a small group coach?

I think about finding small group (semi-private) coach. I live in Silver Spring, MD and work in Fairfax, VA. Just came back from a two-day TI Swimming workshop conducted by Liquid Lifestyle. It was outstanding, but I don't feel confident I could improve on my own.

Don't you know about such a coach by any chance?

Vladimir Kelman
http://www.google.com/profiles/vkelman
Old 10-15-2013

Suddethb

Vladimir - "I live in Silver Spring, MD and work in Fairfax, VA. Don't you know about such a coach by any chance?"

Here are the only 2 TI coaches listed in our area. The trainers at my pool have studied it and are familiar with the concepts, but aren't certified. I'm just looking for another practitioner in the Bowie area to practice with. I do freestyle and distance butterfly.

Coaches in MD and VA:

Marsha Marinich
Annandale, VA
(202) 438-3472
mrm@swimminglyyours.com
www.swimminglyyours.com

Traci McNeil
Annapolis, MD
(410)956-3235
channelswim@verizon.net
www.crossingcurrentsaquatics.com
Old 10-16-2013

vkelman

Hi,
After I posted that initial message I found and was trying to pick up TI style with Ed Redfern http://www.holisticaquatics.com/services.html - ed@holisticaquatics.com.
He provided TI Swim Instruction at Vida Fitness Verizon Center in DC. Pretty expensive, I have to say. He is a good instructor, I think I know understand what I need to achieve, right now I'm trying to improve my breathing by myself. (I'm currently unemployed, cannot afford lessons.)
Old 10-16-2013

Suddethb
Default TI Training

I learned from the Freestyle Made Easy, Betterfly for Every Body, and Outside the Box DVDs, as well as the forum discussions and mailings with videos Terry sends out. I've not received any instructor lead TI training yet. The instructor in Annapolis looks affordable for her sessions though.

I'd love to get up to the lake in NY to swim with Terry, but the workshop this weekend is $495 because it only allows 4 students per session.
Old 11-13-2014

Sxandy

I am coming to the UK and Europe to begin the process of researching emigration to Europe. I would love to communicate with those of you who would be interested in working with me, both swimmers and coaches, on building TI presence in Europe for both regular workshops as well as open water workshops in the future.
A little about me, I started coaching TI as a teenager when my father, Terry Laughlin founded TI in 1989. After my father, I am the #1 TI coach in the world in terms of experience teaching the TI method. I have also trained many of the TI coaches who exist in the world today and many of the coaches who are now heading up TI in Europe, Asia and the rest of the world started their journey as a student in one of my classes. My goal is to bring this knowledge and history of experience over to Europe to help grow the community, the offerings of services and the general awareness of TI in the UK and Europe over the next few years. I will need help from those of you locals in finding pools and spreading the word. This thread is for discussion of how to coordinate some workshops, events, teacher trainings, speaking engagements or anything else there may be interest for with me this coming October and discuss possibilities for the future.
Thank you!
Old 11-13-2014

Suddethb
Default Bowie, MD

You need to post a NEW thread. Bowie, MD is in the USA. I'm not looking for a training partner in Europe.