Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Find a TI Training Buddy
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2009

POLI
Default Swimming In Open Waters In El Campello, Spain

Hello, everybody,

I am a mad open water man. In fact I do not ever swim inside as I do not like pools at all, although I swam in them for a short time.
I love the freedom of swimming in open waters and sports played outside. If I do not swim, I run or play basketball, but I do not like gyms (I just have a small one at home) or closed places to do so.
I used to swim in open waters with at least a friend of mine and sometimes my brother would come with me, but usually it is me alone who goes swimming as often as I can.
I live in San Vicente and travel to El Campello at least once during weekends. Also, from June 15 to September 30 I get there almost every evening, as my company (as many in Spain) grants a summer schedule.
Being Alicante a place with so many English speaking students and people from abroad, I hope somebody can read this and become interested in sharing water experiencies.
Already last summer I began to practice following similar techniques to those explained in this method. But it was a month ago that I read the book and started training like that. The results so far have been great, taking into account that I have not swam since November and that I have only completed 4 sessions with this new way.
I even bought a full neoprene suit (I had a short one, but the waters are really cold here this year) to start earlier.
I am in great shape and the last weekend I even completed about 2 kilometres of open waters train with not great sea conditions (to say the less).
I am 37 and have been playing sports my whole life.
The Illeta dels Banyets is my main (al almost only) place to train.

Last edited by POLI : 05-15-2009 at 11:12 PM. Reason: mispelling