Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Swim Your Way to Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013

bgrant
Default I need some help

I started swimming back in the fall as a supplement to my normal workout routine. SInce I live in the Maryland area I was swimming in an indoor pool.

Around December I had several severe cases of what I thought was Pneumonia. I would have problems breathing and I would get chills and headaches. I would only get these symptoms about 4 hours after I completed my swim.

Fast forwarding through January and February and several relapses, it appears I have hypersensitive Pneumonia ( my lung doctor reffered to it as hot tub lung) which in my case is being triggered by swimming indoors.

I have stopped swimming for now but I want to start back up again when they take the tent off the pool and it becomes an outdoor pool again.

I guess my question is, does anyone on this forum have my condition or is anyone familiar with it? Will this condition impact my ability to swim outdoors at a pool?

Sorry for such a long first post

Brad
Old 03-01-2013

bx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrant View Post
... it appears I have hypersensitive Pneumonia ( my lung doctor reffered to it as hot tub lung) which in my case is being triggered by swimming indoors.

Brad
Hi Brad,

I'm not a doctor. I just wiki'd this condition.

Maybe you are sensitive to an allergen at that particular pool. Maybe their water filtration is poor? Does the pool have a policy of insisting swimmers take a shower before using the pool?

Have you tried swimming at another indoor pool, if one is available to you?

Just a thought. Hope you find a way to swim. What an unfortunate condition to suffer with..

Ant