Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Swim Your Way to Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013

tarichter64
Default Crossover Symetry Bands

I have just started to use these bands which were originally designed for baseball pitchers but I feel they are the perfect fit for strength and flexibility for swimmers, AT ANY AGE!

http://crossoversymmetry.com/

I orginally bought them for my son who is a pitcher in college, but after using them, got a set for me as well.
Old 01-26-2013

Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarichter64 View Post
I have just started to use these bands which were originally designed for baseball pitchers but I feel they are the perfect fit for strength and flexibility for swimmers, AT ANY AGE!

http://crossoversymmetry.com/

I orginally bought them for my son who is a pitcher in college, but after using them, got a set for me as well.
Very interesting product. In an attempt to stop me from plunging in impetuously in yet another training device has anyone got any viewpoints on this product. Either from a theoretical standpoint or having used it.
Thanks in advance and to Tarichter64.
Old 01-26-2013

tarichter64

Hi Grant, as I mentioned I originally bought them as a way to help increase flexibility and strength of the small fast twitch muscles for my son's pitching! Because I read some testimony on the site claiming the benefits for swimming, I was doing the cross over symetry routine for my self and it has definitely helped loosen up my shoulders and increased flexibility. I haven't been using them long enough to let you know if my speed is increasing but at 48 years with tight shoulders, I sure feel way better doing these before I jump into the pool and sure they can only be beneficial.
Old 01-27-2013

Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarichter64 View Post
Hi Grant, as I mentioned I originally bought them as a way to help increase flexibility and strength of the small fast twitch muscles for my son's pitching! Because I read some testimony on the site claiming the benefits for swimming, I was doing the cross over symetry routine for my self and it has definitely helped loosen up my shoulders and increased flexibility. I haven't been using them long enough to let you know if my speed is increasing but at 48 years with tight shoulders, I sure feel way better doing these before I jump into the pool and sure they can only be beneficial.
Thanks for the feedback. When you bought the first set for your son did you buy the complete set including instructions?
Old 01-27-2013

tarichter64

Yes, I bought the indoor outdoor set with the instructions and DVD which I think are very helpful with the specific excercises and shows the common mistakes as well. Then I called them and ordered just a second set of bands (4 different tensions) for my set and went from there. I really think under this discussion for maintaining strength and flexibility this is a really useful tool!
Old 02-12-2013

jameshodge
Default Aging and swimming

I'm sure you've heard of prostate supplements. Of course some of them are scams but Super Beta Prostate for instance is really proving itself with the number of men that swear that it helps them improve prostate health. That might be worth looking into and the bright side is that it's all natural.
Old 02-12-2013

borate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshodge View Post
I'm sure you've heard of prostate supplements. Of course some of them are scams but <link deleted> for instance is really proving itself with the number of men that swear that it helps them improve prostate health. That might be worth looking into and the bright side is that it's all natural.
This appears to be thinly veiled SPAM. Consider NOT clicking the link.
Old 02-12-2013

Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by borate View Post
This appears to be thinly veiled SPAM. Consider NOT clicking the link.
That is my opinion as well Borate. As I plainly had posted I do not have a prostate any longer the message really doesn't talk to the main point of the post.
Old 02-12-2013

Richardsk

On the other hand , some of us still have our little gland, but all the same we are wary of spam, veiled or otherwise.
Old 02-13-2013

westyswoods
Talking Aging Means What

Having been gone from this forum for some time and not been in the water now for months, this forum has been very interesting. While facing a major surgery this Monday, and having no idea how long or when I will be allowed back into the water the process will be a challenge and fightening. Being 66 yo I fall into that category of what should be expected. Over the past months there is no question strength and body composition have changed due to not being in the water. My intentions are to keep a fairly accurate journal of rehab post surgery especially the water experience. I am a believer in resistance band training. My days of heavy lifting cease as of Monday morning.

Hope to be back shortly keeping all informed of how the water feels. Been limited to short showers for some time. The Superman Glide looks pretty damn inviting now, although always liked it.

My Best To All
Swim Silent and Be Well
Westy