Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Links and References
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2014

efdoucette
Default Swim Academy

I would like to get a feel for the Swim Academy but find the cost substantial. Is there an introduction one could go on line to view? I'm not sure I know the teaching methods of the academy and hence not sure I would get the benefits to match the costs.
Regards,
Eric
Old 11-22-2014

bx

Quote:
Originally Posted by efdoucette View Post
I would like to get a feel for the Swim Academy but find the cost substantial. Is there an introduction one could go on line to view? I'm not sure I know the teaching methods of the academy and hence not sure I would get the benefits to match the costs.
Regards,
Eric
Eric, I'm not in the Academy myself, but they offer $49 / month without contract. Perhaps you could just join for one month? It says you have access to all the TI steaming videos..

Just a thought!
Old 11-24-2014

efdoucette

Thanks for the idea BX.
I guess there is no "sneak peaking". I have the Easy Freestyle video so I think this is what I will continue with.
Happy swims,
Eric
Old 11-24-2014

WFEGb

Hello efdoucette,

Quote:
...I have the Easy Freestyle video so I think this is what I will continue with.
The Perpetual Motion Freestyle is the newer one. There's nothing wrong with EF, but sometimes there's some conufison in the forum between both.

Best regards,
Werner
Old 11-24-2014

bx

If I had access to regular videoing of my stroke, I'd definitely join the Academy for maybe a few months at a time on the monthly plan, just to get (I'm guessing) some bespoke feedback. I mean, $49 would only get you about 30 mins of one-on-one coaching in the real world anyway, so I think it's a good deal.

Have you ever had any video of your stroke, Eric? I can't recall if you've been "anaylsed" by the great and the good here! :)

Ant
Old 11-24-2014

efdoucette

Hello bx,
I'm 60 now and I picked up swimming and TI about 4 years ago (my, how time flies). It's all self coached and I think I'm just getting my stroke to a point where I have something to show, so I should see if I can get a video together. I'm sure it will be an eye opener for me.
Thanks
Eric
Old 11-24-2014

efdoucette

I found a lengthy promo today that explains it quite well, maybe this was always available but I've only seen a much shorter version.

http://totalimmersionacademy.com/?ut...70efa7bdbb82b1