Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Find a TI Training Buddy
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2009
Coach

CoachFiona
Default Possible TI World Tour!

Hello Swimmers,
I am researching the possibilities of doing a TI "world tour" and setting up workshops in places where we have not had TI as well as coordinating in some spots where we do have TI with our local TI reps....Asia, Israel, Oz and cities in Europe such as Barcelona, Rome and Gotenberg or Stockholm who have yet to see TI. I would like to see what kind of interest there would be in this and whether any swimmers out there in the have any locations in mind where they would like to see a TI camp happen and could help coordinate a pool.
Please contact me at fiona@totalimmersion.net.
Thank you!
FL
Old 02-06-2009

mailtonataraj
Default In India

Its a great idea and being in India (Chennai) wondered one day TI will be Chennai. All we have to be content at this moment is the books and the DvD's (DvD's are also not available and have to get it from my friends who are US)

Trust to see you soon.
Old 02-18-2009

freshegg
Default Possible TI World Tour!

Please please please come to New Zealand !! Australia isn't quite close enough! There are many avid swimmers here, but no TI coaches that I know of. In fact, everyone should visit New Zealand anyway, swimming or no swimming. But having a TI workshop here would be awesome.
Old 02-18-2009
Coach

CoachFiona
Default India and New Zealand

India and New Zealand are both definite possibilities. Would you be able to get a pool and wrangle a group of swimmers? What time of year is ideal in your region? I'm guessing winter, since it would be too cold in NZ in July/Aug, and too hot in India in July/Aug??
Old 02-19-2009

rajsenthil
Default I too vote for Chennai, India

As mailtonataraj said, chennai, India is one of the best place that will attract lots of young and old swimmers to join and learn TI swimming. The summer is during mid of April to mid of July (shifted from mid of June, due to global warming I guess :()
Please check the weather report for the past few years in this link http://www.kea.metsite.com/Monthly_Summaries.htm All the temperatures are given in Celcius and the link http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm can be used to convert it to Fahrenheit.
Old 02-21-2009

tritry

[QUOTE=CoachFiona;1585]Hello Swimmers,
I am researching the possibilities of doing a TI "world tour" and setting up workshops in places where we have not had TI as well as coordinating in some spots where we do have TI with our local TI reps....Asia, Israel, Oz and cities in Europe such as Barcelona, Rome and Gotenberg or Stockholm who have yet to see TI. I would like to see what kind of interest there would be in this and whether any swimmers out there in the have any locations in mind where they would like to see a TI camp happen and could help coordinate a pool.
Please contact me at fiona@totalimmersion.net.
Thank you!
FL[/QUOTE]

Hi Fiona! Im fairly new to the Total immersion style. Been practising it on my own now for about a year. I live in Sweden and it seems unknown to most of the swimming-people here. Cause everybody I talk to (I go to the public pool everyday in Malmoe) is unaware of the beautiful TI way. So I often tell them the basics and recommend them to try it. But I really miss having a teacher of total immersion. cause it doesn t seem to exist any. Only the stressful "old school swimming teachers". ;o( . Right now Im stuck in my way to master the TI and think that this would have been the solution. I also think there would be a huge support and interest in the TI in Sweden. But then you would have to have someone to promote for it. someone who already master its ways. Forget about Stokholm and Gothemburg! Come to Malmo instead. (Swedens 3rd biggest city). We really need you!
With love "Tritry"

ps. I saw a young swimmer in a lane yesterday working on some of the drills from the "4strokes made easy". My good she looked silly when doing the dolpin slide with her butt pumping up and down. Ive been working on that for a couple of weeks of and on. And just realized I must have been looking just as stupid as she did. ;o) I knew I felt aqward and imbaressed and felt as if everybode looked at me, and I still do from time to time when doing a new drill but that you just have to overcome. d.s
Old 02-26-2009

bkjagadish

[QUOTE=mailtonataraj;1595]Its a great idea and being in India (Chennai) wondered one day TI will be Chennai. All we have to be content at this moment is the books and the DvD's (DvD's are also not available and have to get it from my friends who are US)

Trust to see you soon.[/QUOTE]

...i fully agree with mailtonataraj...i am in Bangalore.. and shall be too pleased & excited to join the TI training if conducted in Chennai or better in Bangalore also...'am eagerly looking forward to meet you and like minded friends at Chennai...
Old 02-26-2009

mailtonataraj
Default TI World Tour

Fiona, Getting a pool arranged shouldnt be a problem. June/July are towards the fag end of summer and temparatured around 32-35 C in Chennai. Bangalore should be relatively better during June/July 28-32 C.

Mustering folks should not be an issue. As you would know, India being a bit conservative in spending, the price point for the coaching will be critical.
Old 02-26-2009

mailtonataraj
Default TI Tour in India

Best time to visit Chennai would be January/December (winter with temp 24-30 C)
Old 04-16-2009
Coach

CoachFiona

Hi there!
I have a contact in Gotenborg who is working to help me line up a pool. As I am based in LA I would need help with set-up from someone local. If you could help with set-up and promotion I could offer you tuition at reduced cost! I need to get at least 6 swimmers and could do 2 weekends back to back, sometime this summer! Any thoughts on locations?
Fiona