Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2018

WFEGb

Hello David,

Quote:
I left out this question before because I didn't understand it. Now at least I've found an explanation for the TT abbreviation, but no it's nothing I've ever used. If I understood correctly it's something that helps to count either stroke rate or time per distance.
The Finis TT is a very precise instrument. If you can hold your SPL and tweak the beeps of the TT down for a hundredth or more for every single stroke... you are faster...

BTW you should try to hold (or get) your SPL into what we call our Green Zone

Quote:
I think the main thing that distracts me is when I'm not able to upkeep the same speed.
Seems to me you're not familiar with the TI's Focal-Point-Work. Terry's free series might be a good starting point.

For acronyms used in the TI-Forums I assembled once upon a time an Acronyms-List

Hope you'll find some improvement and a worthy tight look into TI. Most important: Enjoy your work!

Best regards,
Werner
Old 04-06-2018
lui25

thanks for the post
Old 04-07-2018
Mushroomfloat

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1swe View Post
I've been trying to do something like that. But practice is usually more difficult than theory. Even if something sounds theoretically good, it's not so easy to practically do it properly...
The anchoring arm up front pulls the recovery arm back to the front

Concentrate on spearing the lead arm pinkie angled down, let it drop deep and wide then when the other arm is at exit kick the lead arm elbow out to the side and pull the palm forearm in towards your centre line

at this moment simutaneously it will hike the recovery arm up and over back to the fromt

it will look like 2 triangles one above the water and one below joined horizontally through thr shoulders and upper back

at this point you counter rotate / swap over the the other side, there is no pull just a weight shift and subsequent spear from the high side arm
the anchoring arm will be pulled through automatically.

It'll look like this
^o
>
Old 04-07-2018
Mushroomfloat

^
O
>
Old 04-07-2018

IngeA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroomfloat View Post
The anchoring arm up front pulls the recovery arm back to the front

Concentrate on spearing the lead arm pinkie angled down, let it drop deep and wide then when the other arm is at exit kick the lead arm elbow out to the side and pull the palm forearm in towards your centre line

at this moment simutaneously it will hike the recovery arm up and over back to the fromt

it will look like 2 triangles one above the water and one below joined horizontally through thr shoulders and upper back

at this point you counter rotate / swap over the the other side, there is no pull just a weight shift and subsequent spear from the high side arm
the anchoring arm will be pulled through automatically.

It'll look like this
^o
>
I'm a bit puzzled. What you describe is not front quadrant swimming but windmill or I entirely misunderstood your text.

You yourself told he should avoid an early press to avoid shoulder problems. Windmilling IS early press.

There may be advantages for the early press in sprint swimming, but it is certainly not a technique for long distance swimming and even less for someone with problems at the shoulder joints.

I also don't agree that one should spear elbow in and pinky down only to do one other unnecessary rotation in every stroke when snapping the elbow out to pull. How will you swim relaxed if you always have to do counter movements?

Sorry if i misunderstood you text, but that is how your description looks for me.
Old 04-07-2018
Mushroomfloat

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngeA View Post
I'm a bit puzzled. What you describe is not front quadrant swimming but windmill or I entirely misunderstood your text.

You yourself told he should avoid an early press to avoid shoulder problems. Windmilling IS early press.

There may be advantages for the early press in sprint swimming, but it is certainly not a technique for long distance swimming and even less for someone with problems at the shoulder joints.

I also don't agree that one should spear elbow in and pinky down only to do one other unnecessary rotation in every stroke when snapping the elbow out to pull. How will you swim relaxed if you always have to do counter movements?

Sorry if i misunderstood you text, but that is how your description looks for me.
It's Kayak principle
Generally what one gravtates towards when seeking a more continious propulsion
like sheila taorminas stroke 2 opposite triangles one above and one below.
Old 04-08-2018

IngeA

I doubt that anyone who brought up this name ever sat in a kayak.