Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Swimming In Triathlon
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2017

Nockon
Default Confused where to start

I need some help figuring out which product/program to purchase.

I've looked at Total Immersion 3 years ago when I was starting out after many years of not swimming and was struggling to just get across the pool. But at the time I was struggling so much that I wasn't getting any where.

Since then I had a good friend step up and help me out. I was able to progress and able to finish a couple of 1/2 Ironman and my avg time for the swim is somewhere between 35-40 minutes so around 2:00/100M and this is with a wetsuit as I live in Canada :-)

After taking a winter break and now looking at starting my swim training again, I would like to give a TI another look. There is something about it that catches my attention and I've wanted to get back to it for a while.

But after looking at what is available I'm not sure what I need. I know that I can't afford the Swim Academy but I'm OK with spending under $100 for a complete program. I already have the book and started reading it again yesterday, but I want a proper program with a schedule and drills with either time or distances.

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-05-2017
Sofiaduffy

Did you hired any professional who can teach you swimming?
Old 10-11-2017
Coach

CoachTeresa

Nockon,

The newer downloadable courses will reinforce you old book as well as provide videos that are a great learning tool. You should start at the 1.0 and then progress to the 2.0. These courses are within your price range. If you enter coupon code coachteresa, this will trigger a small discount.

http://www.totalimmersion.net/store/...aching-courses

The courses will not offer you a specific program like set workouts. You make these workouts yourself depending on your level and which focus you need to work on. The books are designed to help you be your own best coach.

I see that you live in Canada. I coach in BC, we have two coaches in Alberta and 1 coach in Ontario. A visit to one of us for a private lesson package or set of lessons or weekend workshop would help reinforce and validate all you are learning from the books.