Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2009

naj
Default Hand entry near goggles

Well, I have just had my second swim since returning from Lebanon and the good news is that is great to back in the pool! Bad news, a lot of mistakes, but at least I know what they are and can fix them :) One revelation that happened today was, if I spear my recovery arm just beyond my goggles (as Terry says in the DVD) I get more out of my hip drive. Before I have been putting my recovery arm out a bit to far and noticing that I am taking more strokes to get to the other side of the pool. Also with this sudden knowledge I see that my glide is increasing. Just thought I'd share that with you all.
Old 02-04-2009

Jamwhite

Cool, congrats on the new discovery.
Old 02-04-2009

ny1301

thanks for sharing. I will remember this as a focal point next time.

An interesting thing is I found nearly all the 'tips' shared here were mentioned somewhere in Terry's book. But the problem is when people read the book, they might not be at that level to understand and remember everything. human brain can only focus on a 2 or 3 things at a time. So it's good to visit the forum to check other swimmers "discoveries", and it's always good to re-read the TI bibles.
Old 02-05-2009

vincent
Default Importance of elbow spearing

Hello Vincent from Normandie France 47 years old.. Haven't a good english but i''ltry to be clear. Like many others ,i was bored of swimming freestyle with stuggle .I am a black belt karate and i run trails in the nice normandie tracks and forests and was looking for a "zen"swimming way.And with ti ,l found this way.Great feeling of gliding ,and this feeling to be accepted by water .Yesterday,at the pool, l discovered the importance of "spearing" the elbow,high and forward,while before l thougt it was the arm to spear.When the elbow is gone,all the core follows this movement and create balance.Hope that this advice will help a little to progress... Rain today in Normandie !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny1301 View Post
thanks for sharing. I will remember this as a focal point next time.

An interesting thing is I found nearly all the 'tips' shared here were mentioned somewhere in Terry's book. But the problem is when people read the book, they might not be at that level to understand and remember everything. human brain can only focus on a 2 or 3 things at a time. So it's good to visit the forum to check other swimmers "discoveries", and it's always good to re-read the TI bibles.