Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Find a TI Training Buddy
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2008

naj
Default TI Master's Program in The Bay Area

Not sure if this has been done before but I've been thinking about it a lot. Has there every been a desire to form a swim club that exclusively does TI technique? There are clubs for tri-athletes, women, GLBT etc why not TI? I'd be very interested in joining such a club if folks would be up for it. It seems as if Coach Shinji is in my neck of the woods now (ahh...life is good again!) Are their others in the S.F. Bay Area that would want to look into this as well? I feel it would be a great way to meet other TI folks do drills, workout, and improve under someone like Coach Shinji.

Peace
Old 12-08-2008

garybarg
Default TI Masters Program

I am in Oakland and would be interested in joining a TI Masters program.

Gary
Old 12-20-2008

dhoward

I'd be very interested in a TI-based masters program! I'm in Santa Clara.

The Santa Clara International Swim Center is almost within walking distance of my house, but the masters program there is known to be very competitive and snobbish. I don't want that!

Denise
Old 09-15-2009

Jean Bury
Default TI Master's Group

I've responded to at least one person in the attempt to find a TI buddy, but here's another: Naj: Despite my living practically in Oregon, I would figure out some way to get to the bay area if a group formed. Wouldn't be too often, as I have young children, but a TI group, now that's an awesome idea! I know you will keep us all posted. Swim on. Jean
Old 10-04-2009

Jean Bury
Default TI club in Bay Area

Just to keep this thread alive: Anyone in the Bay area willing to organize (even informally) a TI swim club? I am far away, but would be oh-so-happy to drive to the bay area once in a while to swim with other TI folks.....anyone??
Jean Bury
Old 10-10-2009

buffyjoseph
Default In Cupertino

I'd love to have something close. There are 3 possible pools near me, that I know of - De Anza College, Fremont High School, Santa Clara. I wonder if it's possible to book some times at any of these. I'll try to check this out. -- Buffy
Old 10-11-2009

westyswoods

Live in WI and think it is a great idea. Hope it works out for you. I would love to have something in the Madison area. I have found that the TI philosophy does not fit with the traditional Masters or other swim groups. The traditional do not want to take the time to focus on technique while trying to out compete others. While I am in no way accomplished at TI I have been practicing the method for 18 months. Still struggling with many basics (breathing), the other side is I'm enjoying my time in the water more than I ever have. Ironic as it may sound, now I have a journey of improvement to look forward to. I have been very fortunate in that growing up some great mentors instilled, that if you have been given something it is not worth having unless it can be shared with others. I find this to be the case with TI forums and the philosphy. A TI group would allow all levels that ability to share their experiences in a very proactive and fraternal way. Good Luck on the journey looks like you have much interest.
Old 11-13-2009

jimbarrick
Default Also in San Francisco. TI Group a Great Idea

I'm in San Francisco and would be open to a club, group, or just getting together on the weekends at a designated pool.
Old 11-13-2009

naj

"I'm in San Francisco and would be open to a club, group, or just getting together on the weekends at a designated pool."

Jim are you planning on taking the Advanced TI workshop that Terry and Coach Dave are putting on at Sf State? I'll be there on the 6th and maybe we can see if others there might be interested. I am usually swimming in the Bay but realize I need at least three to four hours a week in the pool for drills and a more controlled setting to concentrate on my stroke.
Old 02-14-2010

cynthiam

I'm chiming in here a little late...has there been any progress on forming a TI group in the SF Bay Area?

I started learning to swim in July at my Y. Have been working on TI from the beginning (have the Freestyle & Breathing cd's), and I just took the beginner freestyle workshop at the end of January @ SF State. I have lots to work on in the pool but also want to swim in the bay.

My instructors at the Y are not totally sold on TI (not that I really care), and I don't see anyone else there who appears to be swimming the TI way. I'd love to get together with like-minded swimmers!

I live in SF, member at the Embarcadero Y.
Cynthia