Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Find a TI Training Buddy
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2009

Jean Bury
Default Swim buddy in Northern CA/Southern OR?

I live near the Oregon border and could travel to Medford, OR or Redding, CA or points in between. Anyone out there?? I could easily be persuaded to go further north or south (even to the bay area, once in a great while) to train and be with other swimmers.

Jean--
Old 12-28-2009

just jules
Default Possible buddy, but brand new to TI

Hi - I'm in southern Oregon and swim at the Cascade Community Pool in White City - it's 20 yards long and kept at 87 degrees. I'm challenged by MS and just learned about TI through this website and some YouTube clips. My short-term goal is to swim 60 laps in one hour for our fundraising lap-a-thon on March 6 (current best is 55). Longer term . . . swimming helps my overall physical functioning, and I think I would enjoy it even more the TI way. If you're interested, let me know. Good luck with your swimming!
Old 07-27-2010

Jean Bury
Default 'back' in action/Nor CA or Sou OR swim buddies?

Hello! I'm 'back' after a year off of life (pretty much) and back surgery. There was one reply to a request for TI swimmers in the Northern CA or Southern OR areas. Anyone out there?? Anyone planning on the Whiskeytown Open Water Swim??
Old 05-26-2011

just jules
Default Southern OR TI beginner back in the pool

Hello Jean - I've been out of touch for almost a year due to health complications, but I'm now swimming again - three mornings a week at Cascade Community Pool (www.cascadecommunitypool.com) in White City, Oregon, near Medford. Are you still interested in trying to connect with a potential TI swim buddy? Perhaps we could even invite Terry Laughlin to stop by in July after his open water competition in Sweet Home, Oregon. :)