Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Outside the Box: Open Water Swimming
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2010
Coach

CoachJohnB
Default 10 miler

http://www.swimthesuck10mile.com/Site/About.html

Just wanted to pass this along to all you open water nuts. This is a 10 mile open water swim in southeast tn in oct.

This is a great time of year to visit. Cooler weather, leaves are changing color, a chance to swim through some of the most beautiful country anywhere
Old 07-07-2010

naj

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachJohnB View Post
http://www.swimthesuck10mile.com/Site/About.html

Just wanted to pass this along to all you open water nuts. This is a 10 mile open water swim in southeast tn in oct.

This is a great time of year to visit. Cooler weather, leaves are changing color, a chance to swim through some of the most beautiful country anywhere
Hey Coach John the woman who is coordinating the swim is a South End Rowing Club member. She lives in Tn now and use to be more sensible and swim in the balmy 55F waters of S.F. Bay like me hehe

So are you gonna swim it Coach? Come on, Coach John, join the dark side and leave the walls behind!

Naji
Old 07-07-2010
Coach

CoachJohnB

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
Hey Coach John the woman who is coordinating the swim is a South End Rowing Club member. She lives in Tn now and use to be more sensible and swim in the balmy 55F waters of S.F. Bay like me hehe

So are you gonna swim it Coach? Come on, Coach John, join the dark side and leave the walls behind!

Naji
Naj,

Karah is a friend of mine. We grown-up swimming on same club team, rival high school and college teams.

I am going to help with the swim but there AIN'T NO WAY that I will do a 10 mile open water swim. I don't have any enjoyment in swimming open water. I will be there to suppor those that do though.
Old 07-08-2010

KatieK

OMG, that sounds like fun!!! I especially like the part about it being downstream--I know I could finish *eventually*.

Maybe next year...