Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Links and References
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2011

splashingpat
Default happy pat ty's day to my swimming guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardsk View Post
Hi Pat

Happy St Patrick's day to you too.

Your cat probably needs to see a real live vet. Throat lumps are not good.
no I am so to say...I had to put her down...she could not shallow anymore
I am wondering why?
she was a delightful cat!
siomesese do what they pleased...but still became very attached to her!
First girl cat!
and she was high maintenance and
demanding of it!
i love kitty's more than dogs now!
ya never know when the 360 happens but it can!
LOVE YOU PROFESSIONAL GUYS &
I am happy to made your acquitances !!!

never would of given Ya's 2 cents of my time!
or would i?
thanks Richard got a favorite song for the day!
Old 04-04-2011

tab

Under the assumption, never a stupid question, as I read through this topic, I didn't see SPL spelled out. I am assuming Strokes Per Length, but something is not totally right with that. Some recent posts would make much more sense if I am right or wrong.

Thanks
Old 04-04-2011

AWP

Yes tab, spl = strokes per length

A few others:
TT = Tempo Trainer
OW = open water
SG = Superman Glide
SR = stroke rate
Old 04-04-2011

caronis
Default Wtf?

Hi Johnny,
The stated purpose of the almighty acronym is quite different than the nefarious one. The acronymics will tell you that it saves time and is quite efficient, however, this is merely the stated purpose which conceals the real cause of their ew (evil ways). Researchers have done studies which indicate that every sub-group, such as rap artists, surfers, geeks, etc., create their own insider language which relies on slang, lingo, and acronyms in order to keep their group private to members only. It's a bonding mechanism to keep the membership tight and to ward off outsiders. Similar to the way a fraternity will conduct hazing and membership rituals before they embrace an initiate as a full-fledged member.
However, personally, I feel that the cause of the rise of acronyms in our society can be traced to a distant planet that is estimated to be at least 10 lya (light years away). It is known as the Planet Acronym and though they use the same alphabet as the English, it is forbidden for them to speak in words. They can only speak by use of acronyms. These SJO (Stupid Jerk Offs) have infiltrated Planet Earth with the intent purpose of radicalizing the YOPE (Youth of Planet Earth) to adopt their ways. If you have noticed, the YOPE have increasingly adopted acronyms in their text while IM (Instant Messaging). It is believed they have infiltrated the highest levels of our society. We must do our best to rid our society of these RR (rabble rousers) and TBOP! (take back our planet!). One test to see whether you are dealing with an Acronymic or not, is to ask them what G.O.D. stands for. If they respond in a monotone "Good Ol' Devil", then we must KTAAOOOU! (Kick their Alien Ass out of our Universe!). Good luck Comrade! MTFBWY (May the Force Be With You.)
Old 04-04-2011

tab

Thanks. Silly question, I no longer have to wonder.
Old 05-04-2011

bigmig
Default Acronym search tip

I've come across the forum search limitation of 4 characters. A way around this is to search for the acronym using google. e.g. searching for SPL from www.google.com. Enter the following search string.

site:www.totalimmersion.net spl

Best Regards,

Miguel

Last edited by bigmig : 05-04-2011 at 10:07 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-09-2011

sterlingtimes

I came to the same conclusion. The internal search tool is very peculiar.

Thank you for the posting.
Old 11-27-2012

tluedeke

I agree. I purchased a beginning freestyle book, and I have no idea what you are talking about, given all the cutsie and unnecessary "Zenswitch", "Spearswitch", and "Two Pause Single Spearswitch" type of slang. Having not one single diagram in the whole book doesn't help the confusion. The ebook is of no use to me whatsoever because of this.

Your products would be far more useful if you discarded all the unnecessary slang, and just stated in plain, clear English (with diagrams) what in the heck you are trying to say. Especially since I've nothing but good things about the underlying program.
Old 11-27-2012
Head Coach

terry has disabled reputation

Thanks for the useful criticism of our ebook products. I assume you're referring to books available in the digital store? Those aren't products originally created as books. I believe they are just transcripts of voiceovers from the videos to which they reference. And since they originally supported video, there was no need for further explanation.
Our future ebooks will not be second-generation books. They will have been created from the start with the understanding that illustration of key content is essential. We'll release the first of those -- ebooks with embedded video plus photos on Butterfly, Backstroke, Breaststroke -- in December.

May your laps be as happy as mine.

My TI Story
Old 11-27-2012
Head Coach

terry has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluedeke View Post
I purchased a beginning freestyle book, and I have no idea what you are talking about, given all the cutsie and unnecessary "Zenswitch", "Spearswitch", and "Two Pause Single Spearswitch" type of slang. Having not one single diagram in the whole book doesn't help the confusion. The ebook is of no use to me whatsoever because of this.
Thomas
We were concerned at whether one of our products fell short in providing the appropriate level of clarity. We checked your order history and found that you ordered Brian vandeKrol's training plans. These are practice, not technique, plans. Also this caveat appears where you placed the order:
The plan is based on Total Immersion ™ (TI) drills, techniques and philosophies. Below is a prioritized list of items you can buy from
TI. None are required, however the first DVD is an invaluable
tool to give you visual cues about what efficient swimming is, and
how to drill properly. You can get a 10% discount on any mer-
chandise TI sells on line (w w w.totalimmersion.net) by entering
the following code at checkout (not applicable to workshops and
camps): coachbrianv (all lowercase, one word).

So it's intended to be supplemented by visuals.

May your laps be as happy as mine.

My TI Story