Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2018
liolio

It is not about stamina I'm scared somehow facing the "real" state of me.
My technique still has issues but it is getting decent so is my feel for water (I would actually put it higher than that it is the main driver in my five strokes) I think I could pull decent-ish times. The thing I know I'm held up till my body health issues improves (if they do or it is unclear to which extend I can fix things).
I know ther is still room for technique improvement, more flexibility and smooth efficient movements but I also know that if I'm not that happ with the measurement there won't be much I will be able to do about it as I can't really go all out while ingraining the proper "correctness" into my body. Going all out means futhering my issues and imbalances (I don't speak of stroke but spine, tensions, etc..)

Overall I think I'm a little too crazy about it and that it would be much easier on me to do it causualy with a friend. I'm a little scare that the me facing me though cloking would bring negativity into my happy introverted swimming bubble :)

PS I'm lucky to have a 50m pool around I often do fast 25m then recovering 25m till the turn starting over again, etc. ;)
Old 09-14-2018

Tom65

Quote:
Originally Posted by liolio View Post
It is not about stamina I'm scared somehow facing the "real" state of me.
My technique still has issues but it is getting decent so is my feel for water (I would actually put it higher than that it is the main driver in my five strokes) I think I could pull decent-ish times. The thing I know I'm held up till my body health issues improves (if they do or it is unclear to which extend I can fix things).
I know ther is still room for technique improvement, more flexibility and smooth efficient movements but I also know that if I'm not that happ with the measurement there won't be much I will be able to do about it as I can't really go all out while ingraining the proper "correctness" into my body. Going all out means futhering my issues and imbalances (I don't speak of stroke but spine, tensions, etc..)

Overall I think I'm a little too crazy about it and that it would be much easier on me to do it causualy with a friend. I'm a little scare that the me facing me though cloking would bring negativity into my happy introverted swimming bubble :)

PS I'm lucky to have a 50m pool around I often do fast 25m then recovering 25m till the turn starting over again, etc. ;)
Got to keep it enjoyable, I just do the sprints for a bit of fun and a belief that you should practice bursts of energy just so you'll have some capacity if you ever need it.

I'm happy to swim alone, but feel very fortunate to have my Daughters come along most Sundays. I couldn't even swim when they were kids, seeing how good they got was part of my motivation to learn.

Again, got to keep it enjoyable, I also learnt to swim for an exercise option. Possibly thirty more years of it to go.