Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Swim Your Way to Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2015

IngeA

Did the doctor look in your ear (with the otoscope)?
I had the same problem last year. The earwax plugged the outer ear canal, so the water went in, but it didn't get out again. The doctor cleaned it out and then all was OK.

Inge
Old 07-03-2015

JennaF

I use Zoggs
Old 07-29-2015

MaryGreen

I think you just need to choose proper ear plugs, I remember you've already tried few of them, but there's a great assortment. Personally I use Diana Ergotap Ear Plugs which are silicone, but you don't have to form anything of them. Their form is very comfortable and provides high protection level. Just don't give up, you'll find the best solution for your situation!
Old 07-30-2015
michaelmarshall5030

I know Aqua Sphere makes a swim cap which fits over the ears... it has pockets in which the ears fit. It may be an additional protection in conjunction with ear plugs, or just might work by itself.

http://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Sphere-Gl.../dp/B000EOPCDC
Old 08-01-2015

Talvi
Default Batman?!

That cap looks interesting. Sometimes when I turn I find my ear slaps the water on turning (not sure how that happens!) but it looks like the cap would be warmer in OW too. The picture looks as though you'd need eye holes!! Is it a Bat .. Hat?! Can it ... be ... a hoax? Holy hoods Marshall!

"The water is your friend.....you don't have to fight with water, just share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move."
~ Aleksandr Popov
Old 08-24-2015

ElminaKamley

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieThomos View Post
I think deliberately utilization of a swab ought to do no damage. Its about to get your ear dry as quick as could be allowed.
EllieThomos, I agreed.
Old 08-09-2016
leaftea

A typical wellspring of the contamination is expanded dampness caught in the ear trench, from showers, showers, swimming, or soggy situations. At the point when water is caught in the ear trench, microscopic organisms that typically occupy the skin and ear channel duplicate, bringing about contamination of the ear waterway. Swimmers ear should be dealt with to decrease torment and dispense with any impact it might have on your listening ability, and in addition to keeping the spread of disease.
Old 08-11-2016

CoachJamesEwart

Ear plugs are the only way to go. Zoggs or Surfears are the best I've found.
Old 08-11-2016
ti97

try a few drops of 50/50 alcohol/vinegar solution after each swim....
Old 08-15-2016

Richardsk

I agree with the alcohol solution. You can get a special treatment here in the UK called Swim-Ear but when I read the label I saw that it was about 99% alcohol so I just bought some alcohol which seemed to work very well for me. I tried ear plugs but they irritated my ears and caused swelling. I think if there is no serious infection in the inner ear that the alcohol solution should work but I agree that a doctor's opinion is best before doing anything.