Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Swimming In Triathlon
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2012

jcsaaleber
Default OWS Goggles

I just completed my first OWS. It was tough. Problem #1: My goggles. I need to replace mine, but I'm wondering if anyone has goggles they would recommend specific to open water swimming for triathlons.

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2012

bret.moffett

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsaaleber View Post
I just completed my first OWS. It was tough. Problem #1: My goggles. I need to replace mine, but I'm wondering if anyone has goggles they would recommend specific to open water swimming for triathlons.

Thanks!
I use the Aqua Sphere Seal XPs. You can get them in clear for the indoor pool or smoke for the sunny outdoors. You might also try the Kaimans if you want a slimmer profile (the XPs fit better for me).
Old 05-14-2012
Coach

CoachDavidShen

Quote:

Thanks!
Aqua Sphere Kaimans are my recommendation - their Mask didn't work well at all on my face and leaked. But Kaimans are awesome - wide field of view and last a long time.
Old 05-14-2012

jcsaaleber

Thanks everyone. I saw those online and wondered if they were as good as they looked.

I'll be ordering up a pair (or two)!

Carla
Old 05-14-2012

andyinnorway

I use Aqua Sphere too, but usually the vista, only thing is I have had 2 pairs out of 7 or 8 in the last year with glue faults making them useless from purchase. anyone else had the same. The rubber doesn't sit in the frame.
Old 05-14-2012

grandall

Quote:

Thanks!
I use the Aqua Sphere Kaimans. I have tried many.
Very comfortable and well made.
Old 05-30-2012

haschu33

KK (KatieK) mentioned some goggles in her blog a while ago, i think the name was Sable and she wrote they are fantastic. Supposed to have a particular good view with them.
Old 05-30-2012

naj

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachDavidShen View Post
Aqua Sphere Kaimans are my recommendation - their Mask didn't work well at all on my face and leaked. But Kaimans are awesome - wide field of view and last a long time.
finding the right goggles that work for you is most important. No one set works for everyone as Coach Dave has stated with respect to the Seal Masks. Find ones that adhere to your face and fit best. That being said, I like the Kaimans as well.

When you find a pair, get several extra in case the brand gets discontinued. Good luck with your search!

Naji
Old 05-30-2012

KatieK

Quote:
Originally Posted by haschu33 View Post
KK (KatieK) mentioned some goggles in her blog a while ago, i think the name was Sable and she wrote they are fantastic. Supposed to have a particular good view with them.
I definitely love my Sables. They're not cheap, and they're frequently on back order. But the optics are great, and they look really cool. http://www.watergirl.co/content/sabl...product-review
Old 06-07-2012

haschu33
Question

Hi kk,

how is the long term experience with those goggles? I am currently at the other end of the scale - moneywise. Original Malmsten Swedish goggles, 2 Euro and 70 cent . Unbeatable price for never-leaking goggles, just 5 minutes assembly time.
But I wouldn't mind a pair of goggles with brilliant sight. For a 50+ price they have to last for years. How are chances?
And - I didn't find any source in Germany where you can buy them. On the Sable website I only found references to local US dealers. Does anyone know an European online shop ?

Thanks