Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Favorite Practices and Sets
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2018
Naji

Default Good Sets for a 33.3 yard pool

Hello one and all. I know most folks swim in 25m, 25 yard and 50m pools. So It would seem easier to base SPL's on those, but what about a 33.3 yard pool? My neighborhood pool, which is located right around the corner from my house is one such natatorium.

When I am very mindful, I usually hover around 20 SPL and over time reach 22 SPL toward the end of a workout. Is this a good number for a guy who is 6'1? Trying to find the range and then gear up for some solid repeats off of this. Advice is always welcome and appreciated.

Naji
Old 01-30-2018
Coach

CoachBobM

The length of the pool where you are doing your practices is 1.33 times the length of a standard short course pool, so you should multiply your SPLs by about 3/4 to compute their equivalent in a 25m pool.

I say "about" because you are also going to be doing 3/4 as many streamlines, and will therefore be swimming (rather than streamlining) a higher percentage of the distance. A swimmer in a 25m pool who streamlines 5m, for example, is really swimming 80m when he does a 100m swim, but if he did the same distance in a 33.3m pool, he would be swimming 85m.

Bob
Old 01-30-2018

WFEGb

Hello Naji,

calculating with Stuart's rule of thumb (from which the TI-GreenZones are calculated), with a 5m push off from the wall, your length (1.85m) and a GZ from 55% to 70% of your length; your GZ for a 33.33Yrd-pool (30,47m) is 20-25SPL.

So you're stable in the lower half of your GZ. Well done!

Best regards,
Werner
Old 01-31-2018
Naji

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFEGb View Post
Hello Naji,

calculating with Stuart's rule of thumb (from which the TI-GreenZones are calculated), with a 5m push off from the wall, your length (1.85m) and a GZ from 55% to 70% of your length; your GZ for a 33.33Yrd-pool (30,47m) is 20-25SPL.

So you're stable in the lower half of your GZ. Well done!

Best regards,
Werner
Holy Smokes I'm a racing machine LOL! Not really but I would like to be. Thanks so much for the calculation this will help a lot when I'm in the water tomorrow.

Keep Swimming!
Naji
Old 06-15-2018
dangol007

Got to learn many things to develop my skill.