Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Find a TI Training Buddy
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2009

Deepak
Default Brooklyn/Manhattan, NY

Hi,

I'm a beginner swimmer living in Brooklyn and working in Manhattan. I'm interested in meeting up with other TI swimmers in the area and finding a TI buddy.

Deepak
Old 09-10-2009

inca

I was looking for a NY TIer as well. I am a real, real beginner...not just with TI but with swimming altogether. You can send me a message if you'd like.
Old 07-24-2011

TomBrooklyn

I'm in Sunset Park, Brooklyn here.

I currently swim mainly in the NYC Sunset Park pool while it's open.

I'm a member of the NYC Parks so I can access the NYC indoor pools at other times.

And I'm a member of Ballys and can access their pools. I am closest to the Bensenhurst club and usually go there, and I also go to the Sheepshead Bay club. There is a pool at the Kings Highway club but it's tiny.

I have almost all the TI DVDs, and I have most of the other training TI training aids.

I could really use a training partner, so please contact me.

PMs sent to two people above.

Last edited by TomBrooklyn : 07-24-2011 at 06:58 AM. Reason: note sending PMs
Old 07-25-2011

webster99

I live in Brooklyn and just finished some TI training in NJ. What exactly do TI training partners do with each other? how does it work?

Thanks
Ingrid
Old 07-28-2011

TomBrooklyn

Hi Ingred:
It's on the DVDs. Towing for one thing. Towing and Drafting. I'd have to look at the DVDs to remind myself exactly.

Last edited by TomBrooklyn : 01-16-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-18-2011

Deepak

I swim at the Dodge YMCA in Brooklyn Heights. I'd be interested in getting together with some TI-minded folks just to swim together and give each other pointers.

I can swim at other YMCAs, but I'd prefer some place in or near Manhattan, as I don't have a car.

Regards,
Deepak
Old 08-20-2011

TomBrooklyn

How about the NYC Pools? Can you get to any of them? There's a bunch of them all over Brooklyn and Manhattan, they're free to get in to, and they're open until Labor Day.
Old 08-22-2011

zezor
Send a message via MSN to zezor
Default From Peru

Hello and thanks to Terry and all the guys that make possible this site and forum.
I'm following the TI program since 2008 and for many reasons couldn't start to work on it 100%. Used to teach at swim school two years ago, adult and elderly. They experienced the programme specially breathing and stroke techniques a few times. A friend from Tampa sent to me 4 cd's which is great, really helpful. Now as exec manager not enough time for teach but would like to try all the cds and of course scheduled workshops for this year and the next one.
I think there are no certified coaches in my area - country. Will be so nice and motivated to find more TI fans from South america too, anyway feel free to contact me anytime.
Old 11-09-2011
Coach

CoachFiona
Default TI Swim Studio in New Paltz NY!

For all of you in NYC who would like to get TI lessons at Total Immersion headquarters in New Paltz NY, we have a TI Swim Studio here and its just 90 min by bus from Port Authority. I make the trip all the time and its quite easy.
Send an email to hvtiss@gmail.com (That stands for Hudson Valley TI Swim Studio in case you are wondering!)
I teach at this studio periodically and am the most experienced TI teacher in the world besides my father Terry Laughlin. We use Endless Pools that are equipped with underwater cameras for instant video feedback, so its well worth the trip!!
Old 11-09-2011
Coach

CoachFiona
Default Ti Nyc

P.S. We are also looking for a location in NYC to run a TI weekend workshop so if you know of a good location that rents lanes on weekends let us know! You can send me an email at fionalaughlin@gmail.com
Thanks!