Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Favorite Practices and Sets
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2016
alonmetgold

Default Training program combining strength?

Hi,
My name is Alon from Israel and I am excited to join this community! I am just turning 29, and have been swimming regularly since age 22. I am currently undergoing a TI course, and hope to work my self up to some serious open-water swims.

In my current life style I can fit up to four 60-minute workouts, and would also like to add three core/supportive muscle dryland workouts.

My goal is to be able to swim 5K. Predomanantly forward stroke, supported by backstroke.
I would also very much like to improve my butterfly, as I currently can hardly do 50m, in very poor form.

I was wondering if there is a reccomended training plan for me.
I also have a limited budget because of the current course, so if anyone knows about online guides that would be great, however I am also interested in more customized training programs that are possibly available through trainers who connect for online consulting sessions.

Any references and advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!
Old 03-04-2018
BOS

Default Dry Land Training

I man, how are you doing?
Hope you still around here.
I've looking for dryland training as well, despite of founding a lot of things online, none really helped, maybe because Im new to all this.

So, I've been hitting the gym 3 times per week.

And my training program is Push Pull and Legs.
I use the triangle method to increasing the weight Im lifting. And always do the exercise with the proper form to not get injury.

The techniques I talk with some of my friends that goes to the gym. Some of them train to be bodybuilder type. And that's why i chose to do the Push Pull Legs routines.

About dryland all i do is weight lifting training.
Try it and see it works for you.

Be cool