Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Links and References
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2018
mkleisure

Default Terry's Googles

I am currently recovering from a burst blood vessel in my eye, probably from swim googles that fit too tight and too near the eye. I would like to switch to googles that are much larger, sort of like a snorkel mask, that seal wider around the face rather than close to the eyes. In many of Terry's videos, he is wearing goggles like this. Does anyone know what brand of goggles Terry wore, or can you direct me to a brand of goggles that I am looking for? I am sort of "dead in the water" until I solve this issue, and I am missing my laps. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-09-2018
Coach

CoachDavidShen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkleisure View Post
I am currently recovering from a burst blood vessel in my eye, probably from swim googles that fit too tight and too near the eye. I would like to switch to googles that are much larger, sort of like a snorkel mask, that seal wider around the face rather than close to the eyes. In many of Terry's videos, he is wearing goggles like this. Does anyone know what brand of goggles Terry wore, or can you direct me to a brand of goggles that I am looking for? I am sort of "dead in the water" until I solve this issue, and I am missing my laps. Thanks in advance!
I believe he wore Aquasphere Seal Masks: https://amzn.to/2u5OTeP
Menloswim.com
Menlo Park, CA
https://www.coachdshen.com/blog/
Old 07-09-2018
mkleisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachDavidShen View Post
I believe he wore Aquasphere Seal Masks: https://amzn.to/2u5OTeP
Thanks Coach! I am going to order these. Appreciate the help.
Old 07-12-2018
jconneely

Default Aquasphere Seal goggles

I see these have anti-fog, is spit and rinse still the best way to clear fog when it does happen? Or by rubbing the interior of the lense does one damage the anti-fog properties?

thanks
Old 07-13-2018

sojomojo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconneely View Post
I see these have anti-fog, is spit and rinse still the best way to clear fog when it does happen? Or by rubbing the interior of the lense does one damage the anti-fog properties?

thanks
I’ve had the Aquasphere Seal Mask. Like most good quality swim goggles / masks, they have an anti-fog coating; but the anti-fog coating will eventually wear off. When you start using it, just rinse it off with fresh water after each use. The anti-fog coating should last for a few months. When you start to notice the mask start to get foggy, it’s time to apply either spit or, my preference, Johnson Baby Shampoo. I keep a trial size bottle (.99¢) Johnson Baby Shampoo in my swim bag. I apply the shampoo on both sides of the lens and rinse. The kids in my pool are always asking to borrow my bottle of Johnson Baby Shampoo to coat their swim goggles / mask.

Spitting is cheaper, but some people might find it objectionable if you’re using a big load of spit in a public swimming pool.
Old 07-13-2018

WFEGb

Hello,

if my masks start to fog, I put a mixture of 40%-50% Babyshampoo (no special brand) and rest water into a tiny spray can. Works best... but these tiny cans where stolen sometimes. Now I printed a small sticker and pasted on it: "Muttis Spucke", means "Mommy's Spit"... the can lasts for two years now :-)... If I offer to others, sometimes I hear: That's not really true? ... answering with a long smile... before telling the ingrediants-secret....

Best regards,
Werner
Old 07-13-2018
jconneely

thanks folks, I have just ordered a pair of the Aquasphere Seal goggles for sea swimming.
We have had an influx of Lions Mane jellyfish in Galway Bay recently so looking for more visibility in the water to avoid these!