Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Swim Your Way to Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2012

donchiang
Smile Hello everybody this is Don from Taiwan

Hi everyone,

I was having some hardship registering now it's through. I am an avid TI learner in Taiwan, learning TI way in solitude. I would like to say hi to everyone here. Since I can't find an introduction area to post this, so I chose here.

It's been a bittersweet year with TI for me since I had to cut down the intensity I was used to in order to imprint the new form and improve my strokes; but it's definitely worth it. Sadly I was more addicted to endorphin then I realize so I have to do some running on the side to accommodate the "dosage".

I am amazed by the efficiency and tone that TI has brought me albeit this "right" way is somewhat intimidating to most adult swimmers. Maybe it's cultural. Recently I want to teach my boy TI but it seems hard to instill him the right skills because kids at 5 usually have hard time concentrating. Maybe I have to design some games to lure him to learn this? He's gotta learn this since here in Taiwan most kids suffer from respiratory allergy. I cured myself by daily swimming and hope that he could do the same like his old man.

I've practiced it for almost a year now but I've also experienced lower back pain since, especially after swimming butterfly. Recently I found that with intermittent breaststroke with butterfly and extended body line at super low speed could help. In addition, stretching also helps a lot to relieve lower back pain; and I also train my lower back muscle every other day. I found the pain got relieved a lot. However, I am still curious about the accuracy of my strokes. Seems I can't really move my core muscles at will like a kid; actually I learn this from my 5-year-old son. Kids have really relaxed muscles somehow. As an adult, I found it hard to master the long lost skills. Am I doing the strokes wrong? Especially for butterfly. All I can fathom to do right now is to improve the core body movement (body dolphin) maybe with fins; and keep doing auxiliary exercises.

Hope I can somehow instill TI into Taiwanese swimming community. They found it right but reluctant to do it somehow.

Sincerely,

Don
Old 09-19-2012

marry

Hi ,

i am newbie love to swim and also it's my hobby.
i want to know more about swimming can you help me out ?
please give me some tips about what to eat before swimming.
thanks!
Old 10-09-2012

robin623

Hi Don..
Welcome to the site. I am new too.. it's fun here