Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Links and References
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2011

dshen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomH View Post
DShen,

I was happy with my time, given that I don't think the currents were as favorable as had been predicted. Most people had faster times in 2009 with similar predicted current conditions.

If this was your first rough water and you weren't familiar with the course and the best way to navigate it, I would expect that you could probably knock 5+ minutes off the next one just from improved navigation.
hmm given your comment, maybe i shouldnt be so hard on myself!

i have done the WRSwim 2x before. my best time was 1:20 so that was why i was disappointed with my 1:22 this time.

i actually swam with my Garmin 305 GPS watch stuffed under my swim cap. you can see the results here:

The Waikiki Rough Water Swim 9-5-11 with Garmin 305 GPS http://ds.ly/qb0jmB

looking at the GPS track, i didn't waver much this time around - just was slow. oh well back to the TI drawing board haha. i have a pretty good idea on what i need to work on - got an Alcatraz crossing coming up and i'll see how i do there!

keep on swimming!
Old 09-15-2011

TomH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachToddE View Post
Forgot to mention how much I enjoyed meeting you dshen and will be seeing you around the TI circuit in the future. Good luck with your upcoming certification. TomH--great meeting and getting to work with you as well. Am in the process of figuring out next trip to HI--maybe in early Nov. Good luck with your TI progress.
Todd,

The two coaching sessions I had with you were really helpful. On my own, I never would have discovered the problem areas to work on that you pointed out for me. I'm practicing short slow swims with major concentration almost every day now, so I am hopeful that I will have some good improvement before your next trip over here. If you are over here in early November, you might be interested in the annual Turkey Swim on Nov 12th. Here is a link to the application:

http://waikikiswimclub.org/pdf/Turke...reg%20form.pdf
Old 09-24-2011

pennyarm
Default But does it float?

hoping the new one floats....made a lifejacket for my old one as it had a habit of slipping out of my hand on it's way out of my cap when chugging spms on long swims..but the lifejacket is bulky and not very pretty
Old 09-25-2011

CoachRyan
Default It Floats!

It defenitely does float!!! Here is a review of it on my site.

http://www.tribasetraining.com/main/...-swimming-tool
ryan@tribasetraining.com
360-621-6830