Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2015
Coach

CoachSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclim View Post
I don't "know" at all if he knows his stuff well. However, he claims not to know everything about sinkers, and intends to keep on learning as he finds the particular problem intriguing -- that is always much more encouraging than someone who knows it all. And his analysis appears thoughtful and integrated to my non-expert position. Nothing earth shattering or contrary to TI dogma, as far as I could see, but some specific points of emphasis that seem to be usable for the struggling self-coached beginner.

Have you read the posts I am referring to? Perhaps I am misreading your comment, but do you take issue with some of his points? I would be glad to hear your opinion, in the context of your respected expertise.
I think you're reading into my comment. I think Mat writes well about sinking legs becuase he's got a very dense, low body fat body. A good sinker. He may balance well, but he undstands aevery type of sinker better than I do...I"m much less of a sinker. I actually have to wear a divers weight belt to get my legs to sink, and I do thi sonce in awhile to understand the sinky legs problem even better.
Coach of 5 time USA Triathlon Triathlete of the Year, Kirsten Sass
Steel City Endurance, LTD
Fresh Freestyle

Old 01-30-2015

sclim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachSuzanne View Post
I think you're reading into my comment. I think Mat writes well about sinking legs becuase he's got a very dense, low body fat body. A good sinker. He may balance well, but he undstands aevery type of sinker better than I do...I"m much less of a sinker. I actually have to wear a divers weight belt to get my legs to sink, and I do thi sonce in awhile to understand the sinky legs problem even better.
Thanks! I apologise -- I really didn't understand the question.

As it turns out, the way he laid out his comments seemed like they were addressed directly at me! Except that I'm even more dense, and can lie on the bottom of my salt water pool unless I take a huge breath. So I'm a total sinker by physique and a leg sinker by relative lack of adequate TI application.

I am optimistic that the latter eventually will be correctable if I keep on paying attention and practicing.

And the former after I quit running and biking and switch my diet to fried lard cubes and poutine.

Last edited by sclim : 01-30-2015 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-01-2015

chairmanmeadow
Default Never received it

I got an email confirmation but never received the actual book.
Old 02-01-2015

sojomojo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairmanmeadow View Post
I got an email confirmation but never received the actual book.
The offer for the free pre-release TI download book How to Swim Ultra-Efficient Freestyle expired at 10 AM, Saturday, January 24. The window of opportunity to take advantage of the free offer was small.

The original posting wasn’t date stamped so you might have been confused as to when the offer expired. Your public profile shows that you joined the forum on January 29 so you're probably one-week too late. The e-mail confirmation might have been an auto-generated response even though the offer expired.
Old 02-01-2015

daveblt

Is the info. in this new book much different from the book - Extraordinary Swimming For Everybody ? Or the Easy freestyle DVD ?

Dave
Old 04-13-2015

javierprado
Default just finished reading...

and wow, Terry I do believe it is your best work yet. I enjoyed every word and found it extremely helpful.
I've been a TI fan for years but wasn't quite there yet. Some things were not very clear to me now until now, even after all the dvds and even a level 1 & 2 TI Coaching (too much in too little time and easy to forget).
After reading the book I purchased the Ultra-Efficient Freestyle Complete Self-Coaching Toolkit right away. I haven't watch everything yet but I think it is very clear and extremely helpful. I love the the videos and pictures can be easily accessed on my phone while training with no need of audio.
Thank you very much, Terry!