Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2015

sinker
Default Need a change of pace?

I ran into this video somewhere a couple months ago--perhaps on this board or while searching TI videos on Utube. I had been experiencing a certain staleness and at times did not have the same zest for going to the pool, even tho there is always something in TI freestyle to work and improve on.
Having never been gung-ho on drilling, this older (1999) TI video has me doing a complete turnaround on drilling. I am currently on drill #10, and very much looking forward to eventually mastering drill #17--LA freestyle and backstroke combo at 29:15. I plan on incorporating this fs-bs combo into my usual TI lap swims.
I do these drills the first 30 minutes or more, and then my usual fs swim. They have me raring to get to the pool again to work towards my new goal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX5c0wjoUUA

Gene
Old 01-03-2015

bx

Thanks for posting this! I like these older TI drill sequences, and the combined freestyle/backstroke is really interesting. Vintage stuff!
Old 01-22-2015

sinker

Can anyone help?
The subject of this post-- TI video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX5c0wjoUUA, has been taken down. I was having a lot fun doing the drills--actually more fun than I ever had since learning to swim 5 years ago. Have been working towards my goal of accomplishing the "Freestyle and Backstroke Combo". Of course, only those who viewed the video will know what I am talking about. Although it isn't pretty, I am actually able to swim one length of this combo, and need the video available to study and refine it. Also need it for other combo study.
Have heard it said that nothing really disappears on the web and that it is there forever.

Can anyone tell me how to retrieve this video. Don't know why it was taken down--it had 5000 viewings when I found it about 10 weeks ago, and it had grown to over 7000 viewings.

Gene
Old 01-22-2015

sinker

PS---The title of the video is
"The Total Immersion Way Freestyle and Backstroke"
Old 01-23-2015
Coach

CoachDavidShen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinker View Post
PS---The title of the video is
"The Total Immersion Way Freestyle and Backstroke"
That's an oldie! i found some copies on amazon in VHS....you can try ebay as well - i guess you'll need to dust off your old VHS player to watch.
Old 01-24-2015
Coach

CoachBobM

FYI:
There were originally two VHS videos. One taught freestyle and backstroke together, while the other taught breaststroke and butterfly together. The two were later combined into a single DVD (which, obviously, covered all four strokes).

Bob