Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012

truth1ness
Default Book?

I was thinking of getting one of the TI books after having great success with the Perpetual Motion DVD. I'm deciding whether to do the book or get DVDs for some of the other strokes first. Seems like more people are learning from the DVDs, which are a lot more updated and recent, but I'm wondering if anyone's done the new DVD first and then got the older books and how much it helped. I feel like the DVDs gave me the techniques and exercises, but I'd like a bit of an ongoing guide on how to continually improve, plan workouts, etc. Do you recommend the newer "Extraordinary Swimming for Every Body" book or the original "Total Immersion" one (or maybe the tri book)? Or would something like one of the workout plans on the online shop be better for me (like the "Six Week Beginner/Intermediate Freestyle Stroke Efficiency Program")?

Also, is there a new book coming out? I remember reading Terry was working on a new book for last fall. Was that put on the backburner? Is there an update to one of the previous books coming soon instead?